Comtrend powerline problems

Old August 12th 09, 09:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ric

Default Comtrend powerline problems

Hi All,
I've got 3 Comtrend powerline 200MB networking devices in the house,
which have been working fine for a year or so.
One's feeding my Xbox running XBMC and playing SD (and some slightly
HD) video off a server in the loft.
Recently it's been having problems with choppy playback, and it
appears to be poor speeds on the Comtrends doing it. I've swapped
them around (have 3, only using 2 so have tried all combinations of
access point and EP), reset them, etc and whilst I get a connection
(and can FTP at up to 500k/sec into the Xbox), it had choppy playback,
when a gigE cable is perfect.

I have moved the TV recently, and the wiring's a bit of a rats nest
back there but having tried the Comtrends direct in the wall, on 4 way
adaptors, in a socket on the other side of the room - I can't find any
reason for this.
Doesn't *seem* to be heat-related - one's in the loft, but I run
temp monitoring software on the server up there and it doesn't get too
hot.

Has anyone any experience of these things having issues? I stress it
does work, it's just slower than it used to be. I'm wondering if it's
actually a hardware fault. Before I go and drill holes in the walls
and run some physical cable from the loft down to the living room I'd
love to find a fix...

Ric