Sky increase from 16Mb to 20Mb

Old August 21st 09, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

Default Sky increase from 16Mb to 20Mb

I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional increase
when Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a speed cap
and I'm already at the maximum for my line?
Old August 21st 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

on 21/08/2009, Abo supposed :
I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional increase when
Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a speed cap and I'm
already at the maximum for my line?

"While we do this, you may see slight fluctuations in the speed of your
connection - don't worry, this is normal."

Mine's gone from 16Mb to 1.4Mb...

Old August 22nd 09, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

Jono wrote:
on 21/08/2009, Abo supposed :
I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional
increase when Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a
speed cap and I'm already at the maximum for my line?

"While we do this, you may see slight fluctuations in the speed of your
connection - don't worry, this is normal."

Mine's gone from 16Mb to 1.4Mb...

Wonder when they're going to do mine, it's still showing the upstream as
796kbps. I could really make use of the extra upstream bandwidth for work...
Old August 22nd 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Abo expressed precisely :
Jono wrote:
on 21/08/2009, Abo supposed :
I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional increase
when Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a speed cap
and I'm already at the maximum for my line?

"While we do this, you may see slight fluctuations in the speed of your
connection - don't worry, this is normal."

Mine's gone from 16Mb to 1.4Mb...

Wonder when they're going to do mine, it's still showing the upstream as
796kbps. I could really make use of the extra upstream bandwidth for work...

Back to:
DownStream Connection Speed 16382 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 765 kbps