Sipgate now available in USA

Old August 23rd 09, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Sipgate now available in USA

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will
have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
free US numbers.

Ivor

Old August 25th 09, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

This is not unusual.
Sipgate.co.uk does excatly the same: you need a UK IP adress to open a
account on sipgate.co.uk and to apply for a Britich phone number.
However there is a work-around: just (temporary) set-up a US proxy server in
your internet bowser.
This is only needed during the sign up process. Once you have successfully
signed up and acquired a phone number, you can delete the temporary proxy in
your broswer. You will be able to access your account from a UK IP.

Philippe

Old August 25th 09, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:24:31 +0100, Ivor Jones
wrote:

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),

Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .
Old August 25th 09, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will have
to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for free US
numbers.

Ivor

Nice and simple. Use a US Proxy or VPN service. Have a US number in Italy no
problem.

Old August 25th 09, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

This is not unusual.
Sipgate.co.uk does excatly the same: you need a UK IP adress to open a
account on sipgate.co.uk and to apply for a Britich phone number.
However there is a work-around: just (temporary) set-up a US proxy server
in
your internet bowser.
This is only needed during the sign up process. Once you have successfully
signed up and acquired a phone number, you can delete the temporary proxy
in
your broswer. You will be able to access your account from a UK IP.

Philippe

Easer said than done, I tried dozens of US proxies until I found that
had all of the necessary features to sign up.
It's probably not a good idea to post it here, I can respond
to anyone with a valid email.

Different in some ways to the .co.uk site, it looks like there are
some basic PABX features allowing you to add voip phones,
extensions and landline/cell phones which appear as graphical
icons.

seems a bit hit and miss when I terminate the account at pbxes.com,
but when sipgate voicemail is active it picks up reliably

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 25th 09, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

wrote:

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (
www.sipgate.com),
Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

You really are a tiresome little turd, Ron.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:02:01 up 111 days, 13:39, 3 users, load average: 0.18, 0.23, 0.24

Old August 26th 09, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R Johnson

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:00:39 +0100, Graham. wrote:

Easer said than done, I tried dozens of US proxies until I found that
had all of the necessary features to sign up.

Hi Graham. He too. Could you email the one you were able to get working
to me?

uk.telecom.voip260809{a)[t spamvigilante DOT co\.uk
Old August 26th 09, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:02:24 +0100, alexd

And you are an ignorant ******* like most who use these groups.
Old August 26th 09, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (
www.sipgate.com),
Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

You really are a tiresome little turd, Ron.

And you are an ignorant ******* like most who use these groups.

Pot, kettle, black.......

Ivor

Old January 5th 10, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AdeV

Ivor Jones may or may not have intoned:

I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will
have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
free US numbers.

Unfortunately, they now require a US cell phone number (for Sipgate One,
at any rate - I've not tried Sipgate Team), to which they will send a
code via SMS... so that stymies that for me

--
Cheers!
Ade.