BT ADSL Max Upsteam Speed ?

Old August 29th 09, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default BT ADSL Max Upsteam Speed ?

My father has just had his IP-Stream based ADSL service upgraded from a fixed
2 Meg service, to an 'up to 8 Meg' rate adaptive service.

I've taken a look at his router stats.

d/s sync 7.6 Meg u/s 832 k SNR was hovering between 8 and 9 dB

Before the upgrade it was 2.2M d/s, 256k u/s SNR 24-25 dB

(as the crow flies line length is 820 metres, small rural exchange)

I'm surprised at the upstream sync, I thought the maximum possible on domestic
grade IP Stream was 448 k ?

Anyway, ran some speed tests and got about 4.8 Megs down, and 700k up.

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old August 29th 09, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
My father has just had his IP-Stream based ADSL service upgraded from a
fixed 2 Meg service, to an 'up to 8 Meg' rate adaptive service.

I've taken a look at his router stats.

d/s sync 7.6 Meg u/s 832 k SNR was hovering between 8 and 9 dB

Before the upgrade it was 2.2M d/s, 256k u/s SNR 24-25 dB

(as the crow flies line length is 820 metres, small rural exchange)

I'm surprised at the upstream sync, I thought the maximum possible on
domestic grade IP Stream was 448 k ?

Anyway, ran some speed tests and got about 4.8 Megs down, and 700k up.

He's probably on an ADSL2+ connection or LLU.
Which ISP is he with?

George

Old August 29th 09, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

George Weston wrote:

He's probably on an ADSL2+ connection or LLU.
Which ISP is he with?

As said it's a small rural exchange, 'samknows' indicates no LLU, and
certainly nothing for his ISP, NewNet.

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old August 29th 09, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , Mark Carver
writes
My father has just had his IP-Stream based ADSL service upgraded from a
fixed 2 Meg service, to an 'up to 8 Meg' rate adaptive service.

I've taken a look at his router stats.

d/s sync 7.6 Meg u/s 832 k SNR was hovering between 8 and 9 dB

Before the upgrade it was 2.2M d/s, 256k u/s SNR 24-25 dB

(as the crow flies line length is 820 metres, small rural exchange)

I'm surprised at the upstream sync, I thought the maximum possible on
domestic grade IP Stream was 448 k ?

Looks like the "Max Premium" product.

Just curious - what's the ISP & package ?
--
Ian
Old August 29th 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Ian Cummings wrote:

Looks like the "Max Premium" product.

Just curious - what's the ISP & package ?

NewNet. Home Lite 12

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/home.php

I suspect someone at BT has cocked up :-)

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old August 29th 09, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , Mark Carver
writes
Ian Cummings wrote:

Looks like the "Max Premium" product.
Just curious - what's the ISP & package ?

NewNet. Home Lite 12

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/home.php

I suspect someone at BT has cocked up :-)

Looks like it - or somebody at Newnet.
--
Ian