Chosing outgoing line for calls on PAP2 ATA

Old September 8th 09, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ardo Beltza

Default Chosing outgoing line for calls on PAP2 ATA

Can someone answer a newbie question please?

I have a PAP2 which is set up with Sipgate on Line 2 (for incoming
calls) and SMSListo on Line 1 (for outgoing calls). I have set the
CLID on my SMSListo account to be that of my Sipgate number. As a
consequence I have two DECT base units plugged in, which is a bit
inconvenient.

Is it possible to just use one DECT base unit plugged into the PAP2
and use it for incoming and outgoing calls or is the PAP2 not able to
achieve that function.

I believe it can be done by running something like Asterix (sp?) on a
computer but I don't really want to go to that length.

If I need to replace the PAP2 to achieve my aim, could anyone advise
on what ATA would effectively allow a single handset to take incoming
calls from Sipgate and make outgoing ones via SMSListo.

Many thanks.

Old September 8th 09, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Ardo Beltza" wrote in message
idual.de...
Can someone answer a newbie question please?

I have a PAP2 which is set up with Sipgate on Line 2 (for incoming
calls) and SMSListo on Line 1 (for outgoing calls). I have set the
CLID on my SMSListo account to be that of my Sipgate number. As a
consequence I have two DECT base units plugged in, which is a bit
inconvenient.

Is it possible to just use one DECT base unit plugged into the PAP2
and use it for incoming and outgoing calls or is the PAP2 not able to
achieve that function.

I believe it can be done by running something like Asterix (sp?) on a
computer but I don't really want to go to that length.

If I need to replace the PAP2 to achieve my aim, could anyone advise
on what ATA would effectively allow a single handset to take incoming
calls from Sipgate and make outgoing ones via SMSListo.

Probably not what you're looking for, but DrayTek VoIP routers can do this
(and with more than the 2 accounts you are currently using).

I use a Vigor2800VG with its simple to use dialplan to great effect,managing
6 accounts without the need for third party services such as Voxalot etc.

I believe the Vigor2820VN can manage up to 12 different accounts.

Rob

Old September 8th 09, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ardo Beltza brought next idea :
[...]

With the dive you have, it is designed as two ATAs with separate
accounts and sockets.

The alternative was the SPA1001 which had two accounts and one port.

You /could/ forward your Sipgate to your SMSListo SIP address which
will probably be something along the lines of .

You might be able to do that within the PAP2. Check out the settings
on the USER page for the SIPGATE line when logged in as admin/advanced.
I bet you'll find that your own NAT router will break this though.

Alternatively, as I believe you cannot forward a SIPGATE account
directly to another SIP address, there are free services that you could
register your SIPGATE account with; in turn, you would register your
ATA to their service, as opposed to SIPGATE. Look for.....mind's gone
blank........pbxes....or....voxalot

Old September 8th 09, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono has brought this to us :
dive

?

Device

Old September 8th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paulg0

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Alternatively, as I believe you cannot forward a SIPGATE account directly
to another SIP address, there are free services that you could register
your SIPGATE account with; in turn, you would register your ATA to their
service, as opposed to SIPGATE. Look for.....mind's gone
blank........pbxes....or....voxalot

www.mysipswitch.com will do the job, it's free and very reliable

Paul

Old September 9th 09, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

[...]

My setup is identical to yours ie. PAP2, Sipgate incoming, smslisto
outgoing.
It is possible to forward the Sipgate calls to the same "half" of
the PAP2 that has the smslisto account so you only need one phone
and the other half is free to do something different.
Jono touched on the solution, I prefer pbxes.org to mysipswich or
voxalot for simple tasks like this, Pbxes is a free hosted Asterisk
at Home server with limited functionality. It might whet your appetite
to build your own :-)
You don't need to do anything to your ATA, you might want to
remove the sipgate account from the second line, but I think it
will be fine registered in two places.
Grab yourself a n account from pbxes.org and have a quick
look at the UI, for our purposes we only need two pages,
Trunks and Inbound routes.

Set up a trunk called SIPGATE, all pretty self explanatory.
Now set up the inbound route, all you need is the trunk
name you used at the top ie SIPGATE, select the regular-
hours SIP URL radio button, and fill in the adjacent box

And that's it.

The thing *not* to do is to make a trunk for your Betamax account
and point the ATA to pbxes.
Yes indeed, that would open up more options, but the problem is
that your outgoing calls would be seen by Betamax as coming
from the same IP address as their other customers using pbxes
(All Betamax customers not just smslisto!) Result: you all
share the same 300 min/week free call limit, ie. You don't get
many!

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 10th 09, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ardo Beltza

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:48:53 +0100, "Graham." wrote:

My setup is identical to yours ie. PAP2, Sipgate incoming, smslisto
outgoing.
It is possible to forward the Sipgate calls to the same "half" of
the PAP2 that has the smslisto account so you only need one phone
and the other half is free to do something different.
Jono touched on the solution, I prefer pbxes.org to mysipswich or

I just wanted to say thank you to Graham, Jono and the other folk who
replied. Especially for the detailed instructions. This sounds like an
excellent was to do things and would be much more convenient for me.

I'm away from home for a few days now but will give it a whirl when I
return.

Thank you.