One out of four PC has access ID request

Old September 20th 09, 02:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Manlio

Default One out of four PC has access ID request

My home network is so composed:
one US robotics 9107A router connected to a desktop, to an Access
Point and to a network printer.

On desktop (XP Pro)wired to the router
Three laptops (One XP Pro and two XP Home) on the wireless side of the
home network (see Access Point)

Only one Laptop with XP Home is requested to enter User ID to access
the printer or the network.

Can some one help me to avoid the ID request ?

All the computers are protected by a specific password and the network
is secured with Mac Numbers

Thanks
Manlio
Old September 20th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Manlio says...

My home network is so composed:
one US robotics 9107A router connected to a desktop, to an Access
Point and to a network printer.

On desktop (XP Pro)wired to the router
Three laptops (One XP Pro and two XP Home) on the wireless side of the
home network (see Access Point)

Only one Laptop with XP Home is requested to enter User ID to access
the printer or the network.

Can some one help me to avoid the ID request ?

All the computers are protected by a specific password and the network
is secured with Mac Numbers

Duplicate the user account details from the XPH machine on the other
two, i.e create an account on the XPP ones with the same username and
password as the one on the XPH. Bit of a bodge but XP networking is so
broken that you could spend an age trying to get it working properly.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk
Old September 20th 09, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

Conor wrote:

All the computers are protected by a specific password and the network
is secured with Mac Numbers

Duplicate the user account details from the XPH machine on the other
two, i.e create an account on the XPP ones with the same username and
password as the one on the XPH. Bit of a bodge but XP networking is so
broken that you could spend an age trying to get it working properly.

As far as I know (IANAMCSE) that is the only solution possible without a
server based domain controller, and if ye had that ye'd be stumped
getting such a domain controller going with XP Home.

--
Adrian C
Old September 20th 09, 07:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Manlio

Followup to msg on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:05:30 +0100, Adrian C
:
(Original msg on bottom)
thanks for the prompt answers
I will immediately try the solution