Skype to SIP gateway

Old September 20th 09, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Default Skype to SIP gateway

The preferred URL for my notes on the Skype to SIP gateway is now

www.skypegateway.webs.com

My son will be testing it during Freshers week starting tomorrow morning.
Hopefully the cost of mobile phone calls will be one less thing for him to
worry about.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 20th 09, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Graham." wrote in message
The preferred URL for my notes on the Skype to SIP gateway is now

www.skypegateway.webs.com

My son will be testing it during Freshers week starting tomorrow morning.
Hopefully the cost of mobile phone calls will be one less thing for him to
worry about.

I have a much easier solution:
My local (Belgian) VOIP Provider (http://weepeetelecom.eu/) runs a Skype to
SIP Gateway.
* Incoming Skype calls:
My Skype account is linked to my WeePee VOIP account. In Skype, my name is
disaplyed as "on-line"
All incoming Skype calls just ring my normal phones at home (connected to my
FritzBox)
If you have Skype, just try to add and call me on "philippe.deleye.weepee"
* Outgoing Skype calls:
Via a usertool on my VOIP Provider's website, I can asign shortcodes to
Skype users
Dialling this shotcode from my normal phone (connected to my FritzBox), I
dial to any Skype user who is on-line

Note
If you call me via Skype you will be hearing my Voicemail.
This becasue I am blocking all incoming anonymous calls and forwarding to my
VoiceMail
... and Skype calls are displayed without calling-ID, hence also blocked by
my FritzBox

Philippe

Old September 20th 09, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Philippe Deleye wrote:

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Unless I'm mistaken, your solution does not solve the OP's problem.

You appear to be able to make and receive Skype calls via your normal house
phone - which is fine, but *not* what the OP wants to do.

The OP is able to make a *free* call on a Skype *mobile* phone, which gets
diverted to the desired landline or mobile phone recipient - and is charged
at *VoIP* rates rather than much higher mobile phone rates.

Maybe you don't have the same problem with high moble phone call rates in
Belgium?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old September 20th 09, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Graham. wrote:

The preferred URL for my notes on the Skype to SIP gateway is now

www.skypegateway.webs.com

My son will be testing it during Freshers week starting tomorrow
morning. Hopefully the cost of mobile phone calls will be one less
thing for him to worry about.

It's getting there! A few remaining comments . . .

When you say "OK if you wasn't to duplicate what I have done start he" I
presume that "wasn't" should read "want"?

The "Manage API Access Control" graphic still overlaps 3 lines of text when
using Firefox, Google Chrome or Netscape Navigator - although it's ok in
MSIE!

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old September 21st 09, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Roger Mills wrote:
Graham. wrote:

The preferred URL for my notes on the Skype to SIP gateway is now

www.skypegateway.webs.com

My son will be testing it during Freshers week starting tomorrow
morning. Hopefully the cost of mobile phone calls will be one less
thing for him to worry about.

It's getting there! A few remaining comments . . .

When you say "OK if you wasn't to duplicate what I have done start he" I
presume that "wasn't" should read "want"?

The "Manage API Access Control" graphic still overlaps 3 lines of text when
using Firefox, Google Chrome or Netscape Navigator - although it's ok in
MSIE!

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?

Ok here with Firefox 3.5.2 under Ubuntu 9.04. The only problem is that
the text at the bottom of the page (Last updated...) is unreadable due
to the text colour used on the grey background.
Old September 21st 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Koos van den Hout

Roger Mills wrote in :
Graham. wrote:

The preferred URL for my notes on the Skype to SIP gateway is now

www.skypegateway.webs.com

The "Manage API Access Control" graphic still overlaps 3 lines of text when
using Firefox, Google Chrome or Netscape Navigator - although it's ok in
MSIE!

Mozilla also shows some weird overlaps in text and images.

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?

Almost... http://www.theivrvoice.com/

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/~koos/
PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5
Old September 21st 09, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Koos van den Hout wrote:

Roger Mills wrote in
:

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?

Almost... http://www.theivrvoice.com/

Koos

Ugh!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old September 21st 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Koos van den Hout wrote:

Roger Mills wrote in
:

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?

Almost... http://www.theivrvoice.com/

Koos

Ugh!

That would be a press 2 for "no" then?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 21st 09, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Graham. wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Koos van den Hout wrote:

Roger Mills wrote in
:

Who is "Allison Smith" (and does she work 24*7)?

Almost... http://www.theivrvoice.com/

Koos

Ugh!

That would be a press 2 for "no" then?

Something like that! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old September 22nd 09, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:22:56 UTC, Ian Pawson wrote:

Ok here with Firefox 3.5.2 under Ubuntu 9.04. The only problem is that
the text at the bottom of the page (Last updated...) is unreadable due
to the text colour used on the grey background.

Firefox 2 and *all* the images are overlaying text - ot the other way
around.
--
Regards
Dave Saville