Ping: Rob & Roger - Skype gateway

Old September 27th 09, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Default Ping: Rob & Roger - Skype gateway

How are you getting on?
My son is home for the weekend after experiencing the delights of
living away in "Halls" and Freshers week.

The gateway has been an overall success, perhaps with a few small
predictable reservations.
The single digit speed-dials I set up were very useful. While it is
perfectly
possible to dial a full number successfully using the S2 handset, digits
did occasionally go missing if the 3G link broke up when sending DTMF.
Also you have to be carful about the stupid key repeat "feature" I warned
about, just touch each key momentarily.

The connection seemed to jump between 3G and HSDPA as you changed
position in the room etc. but this in itself seemed to have little or no
impact on
call set-up or call quality.

On Friday night I noticed the gateway was rejecting calls from authorised
Skype users. I closed the console (DOS box) ant attempted to relaunch
it but it kept filling with some odd text and closed itself all in a
fraction of
a second. I managed to get a screen-shot though

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/console.jpg

The significant words I think are java.net BindException: Address already
in use: Cannot bind

Removing and reinstalling the SIPtoSIS, Skype, and Java did not help,
but I had a suspicion what was causing it. Because of the feedback
I was getting here about formatting problems on my web site on
non-Microsoft Browsers, I had installed Google Chrome on the
machine, and AFAIR that was the only significant change since the
problem. Uninstalling Chrome did not fix the problem but the speed
at which it removed itself from the installed program list, and the
lack of HDD activity makes me question Google's definition of "remove".

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a System Restore to Fri morning
did the trick.

Forewarned is forearmed etc.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 28th 09, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

Default Rob & Roger - Skype gateway

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Hi Graham

I haven't had time yet to even start setting mine up, but hope to do so in
the next day or two.

Thanks for the extra heads up regarding the 'glitches' above, will let you
know when I've set everthing up :-)

Rob

Old September 30th 09, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Rob" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Will this work the other way PSTN DID (Sipgate) Skype i.e Three '3'

Old September 30th 09, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Dumb question sorry. just worked it out - it will !
Clue is in the name siptosis ..........

Old September 30th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Dave" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Yes it will Dave, SIPtoSIS will act as a SIP client registered with (say)
Sipgate and forward calls to a Skype user.
I tried it and it works fine, the only trouble is a call will instantly
terminate any existing call in the other direction, and as I was primarily
concerned with Skype SIP I haven't implemented it.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 30th 09, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Graham." wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Hi Graham, I guess I just put my Sipgate details into SipToSkypeAuth.props ?

Old September 30th 09, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Hi Graham, I guess I just put my Sipgate details into SipToSkypeAuth.props
?

No, siptosis.cfg
there are plenty of commented-out examples starting about half-way
down

then use SipToSkypeAuth.props to direct the call, the simplest example
would be
*,*,*,skype_user_name

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 1st 09, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Graham." wrote in message

Hi Graham, I guess I just put my Sipgate details into
SipToSkypeAuth.props ?

No, siptosis.cfg
there are plenty of commented-out examples starting about half-way
down

then use SipToSkypeAuth.props to direct the call, the simplest example
would be
*,*,*,skype_user_name

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Ah Thanks Graham, I only VERY briefly looked at the software - I'll look
into some more.

A nice GUI would be nice on the software, it's a bit like Asterisk before
the like of Trixbox etc...

Old October 6th 09, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:05:55 +0100, Dave wrote:

"Graham." wrote in message

Hi Graham, I guess I just put my Sipgate details into
SipToSkypeAuth.props ?

No, siptosis.cfg
there are plenty of commented-out examples starting about half-way down

then use SipToSkypeAuth.props to direct the call, the simplest example
would be
*,*,*,skype_user_name

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Ah Thanks Graham, I only VERY briefly looked at the software - I'll
look into some more.

A nice GUI would be nice on the software, it's a bit like Asterisk
before the like of Trixbox etc...

I was interested to read this, you might be interested in what I have
been doing in this area. I am experimenting with a similar system. I am
wanting to link it to my standard SIP ATA (SPA-3000) without
registration, so that if my interface goes down it won't affect my
standard setup. I have set up PBXinAFlash in a VirtualBox. I can call in
from '3' and get the DISA and enter a PIN which it seems to accept. Then
when I try to dial a number it doesn't seem to hear anything - that's how
far I have got with that.
Running SIPtoSYS alone I can ring out using speed dials but the sound
quality is poor (dropout). Ringing in from Skype, to a phone (Fritzbox)
connected to the PBX, the quality is very good.
I am doing all the experiments on my main linux machine with the
intention of putting it on my Linux Media machine, which runs all the
time, with PBXinAFlash in VirtualBox.