HP printer question

Old September 28th 09, 10:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
80/20

Default HP printer question

Before I connected the printer to the wireless network hub I would get
information about the ink levels and a message would pop up telling me
when and which colour needed changing. Now it is connected to the hub
I do not get this information, is there any way of getting it again?
Old September 29th 09, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

80/20 wrote:
Before I connected the printer to the wireless network hub I would get
information about the ink levels and a message would pop up telling me
when and which colour needed changing. Now it is connected to the hub
I do not get this information, is there any way of getting it again?

Depends on the model number, the software, and the answer you get from
HP. Could be a windows firewall issue.

--
Adrian C
Old September 29th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anthony R. Gold

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:05:02 +0100, Adrian C wrote:

80/20 wrote:
Before I connected the printer to the wireless network hub I would get
information about the ink levels and a message would pop up telling me
when and which colour needed changing. Now it is connected to the hub
I do not get this information, is there any way of getting it again?

Depends on the model number, the software, and the answer you get from
HP. Could be a windows firewall issue.

It could be a non-standard protocol that is not supported by WiFi.

Tony