Tesco usb phone for a fiver

Old October 12th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
iain

Default Tesco usb phone for a fiver

I noticed that my local Tesco is selling a cordless phone that seems
to have a POTS connection and a USB connection.

It was about 30 or so, but it has been reduced a few times and is now
on sale for a fiver.

There were at least half a dozen on the shelf.

I'm not too sure how useful it would be to me (USB?) but some people
might want to look in their local Tesco if that's the kind of thing
they would use.
Old October 21st 09, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stanley

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:16:46 +0100, iain
wrote:

I noticed that my local Tesco is selling a cordless phone that seems
to have a POTS connection and a USB connection.

It was about 30 or so, but it has been reduced a few times and is now
on sale for a fiver.

There were at least half a dozen on the shelf.

I'm not too sure how useful it would be to me (USB?) but some people
might want to look in their local Tesco if that's the kind of thing
they would use.

Probably locked to Tesco's VOIP offering, so not much use to most of
us unless it is easy to unlock.
Thanks anyway for the input.

Old October 21st 09, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

Stanley wrote:
Probably locked to Tesco's VOIP offering, so not much use to most of
us unless it is easy to unlock.

If it's USB it'll just be a sound card in a box, won't it? Though the
drivers may be locked to Tesco's offering, it's quite likely it'll (mostly)
work with generic drivers.

Tesco's ATAs are possible to jailbreak via DNS spoofing, so something
similar might be possible too.

Theo
Old October 23rd 09, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
iain

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:07:24 GMT, Stanley wrote:

Probably locked to Tesco's VOIP offering, so not much use to most of
us unless it is easy to unlock.

Don't be silly. It is a DECT cordless phone with a USB "headset"
integrated into the vbase.

Neither of which are likely to be locked to anything. (How could they
be?)

And at 5 for a cordless phone, it's a bargain.