FritzBox WLAN 7270

Old October 15th 09, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AndyS

Default FritzBox WLAN 7270

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

I currently have ADSL over an analogue line, as I understand it is not
available on ISDN in the UK. Telephone calls are currently dealt with
on an ISDN line.

The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

Old October 15th 09, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

I currently have ADSL over an analogue line, as I understand it is not
available on ISDN in the UK. Telephone calls are currently dealt with
on an ISDN line.

The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

Yes, it's one or the other.
DSL over POTS as used here, or DSL over ISDN as is common in Germany.
Also called Annex A and Annex B respectively.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 15th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 15/10/2009, Graham. supposed :
This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

I currently have ADSL over an analogue line, as I understand it is not
available on ISDN in the UK. Telephone calls are currently dealt with
on an ISDN line.

The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

Yes, it's one or the other.
DSL over POTS as used here, or DSL over ISDN as is common in Germany.
Also called Annex A and Annex B respectively.

Although the ISDN connection on the fritz!box can be used as a
telephone line for connected handsets....can it not?

Old October 29th 09, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Bodincus" wrote in message
. ..

The same socket is used to plug in the landline OR the ISDN line, so you
have to choose if you want to integrate the VoIP with the ISDN *OR* you
want to have two separate systems, one with VoIP and the landline and
another your ISDN setup.
I would go for the full integration, but remember that to have the most
out of the FritzBox you should have at least one PSTN phone connected as
a client to it.
If you need a hand, I'm available to help you out, but - be warned -
this is my business, so I would have to charge you for it. ;-)

All very complicated explanations .... and not fully trough

1) ADSL Signal
-----------------
Assuming you have "Annex A" ADSL line (ADSL over POTS), then you can connect
your FritzBox to this ADSL line.
This has really nothing to do with the Telephony part of your FritzBox
In other words, it is perfectly possible to have the ADSL signal from your
analogue line to provide Internet to your FritzBox, and conncet your ISDN
line to provide Telephoney to your FritzBox.

2) TELEPHONY
------------------
The FritzBox has a ISDN entry *AND* a analogue input.
The FritzBox has a ISDN output (So bus) *AND* 2-3 analogue outputs
(depending the model)

Contrary to Bodincus' statement, that you have to choose between analogue
and ISDN, you can connect BOTH the analogie *AND* ISDN line to your FritzBox
Of course, this is not straight forward, because the FritzBox uses the same
socket for bioth analogie and ISDN.
Therefore you will have to make a special cable, whereby join the analogue
line and ISDN line into the same RJ45 plug
(If you tell me the Model, I can give you the pin confiration for the RJ45
plug)

In the Set-up, you have to fill in the telephone numbers in both he
"analogue" and "ISDN" Tab

Note
another misunderstanding is that ISDN is "linked" to Annex B and analogue to
Annex A
Not in the FritzBox:
you can perfectly run a Annex A FritzBox and use a ISDN line for telephony
or the other way around: you can perfectly run a Annex B FritzBox and use a
analogue line for telephony (In Germany all lines have Annex B, wether POTS
or ISDN)

Trust this explains what you were looking for ?
Philippe
(Belgium)