Folder sharing problems on wireless HomeNetworking

Old October 17th 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Manlio

Default Folder sharing problems on wireless HomeNetworking

I have an HomeNet with four PC: one desktop wired to router, net
printer, net NAS, ne AccessPoint. And three laptops all networked
throu the AccesPoint.
The Desktop and one Laptop run XP Pro, while the remaining two LapTops
have XPHome.
The problem:
Few days ago one of the Laptops (with XPHome) cannot share folders
with the others PC. I spent several hours to try to find the reason
without good results and despite the apparent identity of
configurations and setup of the the two XP Home Laptops.
On the Net I have read many and many solutions for this kind of
problems, without results. As the failure has been without an apparent
reason, I suspect it's a "stupid" event ...
The failed Laptop connects to Internet and to the other PC, sharing
their folders. Simply don't work the other way around !

Pls give comments.
Thanks
Old October 18th 09, 10:16 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Manlio

Followup to msg on Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:30:11 GMT, Manlio
:
(Original msg on bottom)
After reading a lot of info on internet and hours of attempts without
any good result, I happily found the solution.

Go to Control Panel
User Account
Disable password
then reboot
Again go to Control Panel
User Account
Create Password
Click on NO for making Folders/Files Private

That's all