Which phone to use with Asterisk

Old October 23rd 09, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R Johnson

Default Which phone to use with Asterisk

When I get round to setting up an Asterisk server, I'm guessing I'm going
to need to use IP phones with it (of course). The think I'm wondering, is
what recommendations for something cheap and basic that will support a
headset, allow me to put calls on hold to answer other calls etc most
gratefully received.
Old October 25th 09, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
R Johnson wrote:
When I get round to setting up an Asterisk server, I'm guessing I'm going
to need to use IP phones with it (of course). The think I'm wondering, is
what recommendations for something cheap and basic that will support a
headset, allow me to put calls on hold to answer other calls etc most
gratefully received.

Nearly all SIP phones will do this, so it boils down to budget after
personal preference, so a desk/wall phone? wireless (DECT), big, small,
colours other than black/grey/white/silver, etc.

For a cheap and basic desk phone, try the Grandstream BT200 - but
that's numeric display only. The next one up is the GXP280 which has an
alphanumeric display - good for caller ID.

The Siemens DECT range is also well priced - especially the A series.

So I'd suggest you look on the interweb - the shop sites and have a look
through the phones, etc. and once you find one you like, get it ...

Places to look:

www.voipon.co.uk
www.provu.co.uk

but there are many other places - just google.

Gordon
Ps. You don't *need* IP phones - you can use analogue phones with the
right modules on a TDM card, or ATA devices...