Cannot connect to share

Old November 4th 09, 05:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Smith

Default Cannot connect to share

I have three computers on a network running WinXp. I should be able to
connect to them by typing \\192.168.1.x

When I try to connect to "\\192.168.1.2 I am presented with an explorer
window with the shares and when I try to connect to the shares I am asked
for a password and I can connect.

When I try to connect to the other share, I get

"\\192.168.1.3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to access
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions.

Logon Failu user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank
passwords not allowed, logon hours restriction or a policy restriction has
been enforced."

Could it be that the user user account on \\192.168.1.3 has no password?
The user account on the computer I am using to connect has no password
either, but it has a password on \\192.168.1.2, however I can connect to
\\192.168.1.2 by using the administrator account.

When I try to connect to \\192.168.1.3, it does not even ask me to log on,
just the access denied message above, so I have no chance to use the
administrator login.

Any ideas?

Old November 4th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , John Smith
says...

[...]

Ensure that there is a user account on the remote machine with the same
username and password as the one being used to connect to it.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.