Turning a router off - does it affect the IP profile?

Old December 5th 09, 03:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin

Default Turning a router off - does it affect the IP profile?

If a router is turned off for several days/weeks, does the IP profile of the
line decrease because there is no router for the exchange equipment to talk
to? Or is it only affected if the router is on and the DSL sync speed drops
abnormally?

Old December 5th 09, 04:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Martin
says...

If a router is turned off for several days/weeks, does the IP profile of the
line decrease because there is no router for the exchange equipment to talk
to? Or is it only affected if the router is on and the DSL sync speed drops
abnormally?

The short answer is "it shouldn't."

What should is frequent connections/disconnections.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.