Sipgate Emergency Verification - LOL

Old December 13th 09, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al Bowlly

Default Sipgate Emergency Verification - LOL

This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation
of the emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified.
The emergency number service is now activated.

Best regards,

the sipgate team

--
Midnight, the stars a n d you.........
Old December 13th 09, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message ...
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation
of the emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified.
The emergency number service is now activated.

Ok, noted, but I would suggest that it is up to us as users to behave a little
more responsibly when dealing with this service.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 13th 09, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation
of the emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

you mean SW1A 1AA - now that would get you into trouble...

Old December 13th 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al Bowlly

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:19:19 +0000, Graham. struck up his trombone and
blew....

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation of the
emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified. The emergency number
service is now activated.

Ok, noted, but I would suggest that it is up to us as users to behave a
little more responsibly when dealing with this service.

Malarky to one side, the key is this; the details were claimed to be
verified by sipgate. Clearly this is *not* true.

--
Midnight, the stars a n d you.........
Old December 13th 09, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message ...

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message ...
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation
of the emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

you mean SW1A 1AA - now that would get you into trouble...

SW1A 4WW ?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 13th 09, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Al Bowlly formulated :

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation of the
emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified. The emergency number
service is now activated.

Ok, noted, but I would suggest that it is up to us as users to behave a
little more responsibly when dealing with this service.

Malarky to one side, the key is this; the details were claimed to be
verified by sipgate. Clearly this is *not* true.

I think you're misunderstanding verification in this instance; it is
you who has verified that they are correct, not Sipgate.

Old December 13th 09, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian C

Graham. wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message ...

you mean SW1A 1AA - now that would get you into trouble...

SW1A 4WW ?

EC3N 4AB, I think :-)

--
Adrian C
Old December 13th 09, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation of the
emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified. The emergency number
service is now activated.

Ok, noted, but I would suggest that it is up to us as users to behave a
little more responsibly when dealing with this service.

Malarky to one side, the key is this; the details were claimed to be
verified by sipgate. Clearly this is *not* true.

I fully appreciate the point you are making, what I am saying is I am
not entirely surprised that they are not checking the accuracy of the personal
details of citizens of a foreign country.
VoIP emergency services is a can of worms as it is, without people
registering false details, and I hope you have removed or corrected them.
Sipgate also warn users not to "test" the service, my understanding is
that it is acceptable to make a test call if you do it in a professional manor
and not make a habit of it.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 13th 09, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al Bowlly

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:48:46 +0000, Jono struck up his trombone and
blew....

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
This really made me smile:

Dear sipgate Customer,

You have provided the following address for the activation of the
emergency number service:

noah Body
nowhere
London, SW1A 4AA

Your SIP-ID: xxxxxxx

The address has been successfully verified. The emergency number
service is now activated.

Ok, noted, but I would suggest that it is up to us as users to behave
a little more responsibly when dealing with this service.

Malarky to one side, the key is this; the details were claimed to be
verified by sipgate. Clearly this is *not* true.

I think you're misunderstanding verification in this instance; it is you
who has verified that they are correct, not Sipgate.

No. That is not correct. I was asked to *provide* the details, which I
did. The process then notified me that the details would be verified and
I would receive a response, which I did and have shared.

I do hope they don't use the same system for checking employees in
Schools in Germany. Mind you, I've never liked them since they killed me
in the war.

--
Midnight, the stars a n d you.........
Old December 13th 09, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Al Bowlly" wrote in message
[...]

Yes I know that's what they say, and in my case it was six and a half hours
between the "emergency number activation in progress" message and
the "successful" message, so if the gap between your messages is the same,
it would tend to indicate an automated delay giving the illusion that
a human is checking.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%