Linksys PAP2 dial delay with Asterisk 1.6

Old December 19th 09, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

Default Linksys PAP2 dial delay with Asterisk 1.6

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a Linksys
PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I can't beat
with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external numbers.

No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

Anyone have a pointer?
Old December 19th 09, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Rob Johnson" wrote in message ...
I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a Linksys
PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I can't beat
with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external numbers.

No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

Anyone have a pointer?

Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the entries end with a dot.
Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to indicate the number is complete?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 19th 09, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:

"Rob Johnson" wrote in message
I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
numbers.

No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

Anyone have a pointer?

Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
indicate the number is complete?

Hi Graham,

I would like to hug you. It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
the archive}

Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
That is ace news :-)

If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card :-(

Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking :-)

Old December 19th 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Rob Johnson" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:

"Rob Johnson" wrote in message
I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
numbers.

No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

Anyone have a pointer?

Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
indicate the number is complete?

Hi Graham,

I would like to hug you.
Steady Rob!

It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
the archive}

Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
That is ace news :-)

If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card :-(

Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking :-)

Not sure how, but I'm, glad I was able to help.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 19th 09, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:07:26 +0000, Graham. wrote:

[...]

Key was 'you have the right number of digits and not a wildcard'. Applied
this to the dialplan on the PAP2 itself {not extensions.conf}, job
jobed :-)