Reccomendations Sought: Headset for voip!

Old December 26th 09, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gaz

Default Reccomendations Sought: Headset for voip!

As per the subject really, I am looking to purchase a reasonable HeadSet
mainly for Voip & Web Cam use although this will not be for long periods
of time, I am happy to spend around 15 to 30!

I notice on the Skype Website they have got the following link:

http://shop.skype.com/intl/en-gb/hea...io-625-usb-pc-
headset.html

(Apologies if it wraps)

Anyway they appear to have got quite good customer reviews on Amazon,
but I was just wondering if any of the esteemed (respected) group
regulars, might have any other other suggestions.

TIA.

As Always

Gaz.
Old December 27th 09, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Smith

Gaz wrote:
As per the subject really, I am looking to purchase a reasonable HeadSet
mainly for Voip & Web Cam use although this will not be for long periods
of time, I am happy to spend around 15 to 30!

I notice on the Skype Website they have got the following link:

http://shop.skype.com/intl/en-gb/hea...io-625-usb-pc-
headset.html

(Apologies if it wraps)

Anyway they appear to have got quite good customer reviews on Amazon,
but I was just wondering if any of the esteemed (respected) group
regulars, might have any other other suggestions.

I've just bought two from Argos - the cheapest "Argos value" and a
more expensive Philips.

I can't say that there is anything between them!

regards, Ian
Old December 27th 09, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian C

Gaz wrote:
As per the subject really, I am looking to purchase a reasonable HeadSet
mainly for Voip & Web Cam use although this will not be for long periods
of time, I am happy to spend around 15 to 30!

I notice on the Skype Website they have got the following link:

http://shop.skype.com/intl/en-gb/hea...io-625-usb-pc-
headset.html

(Apologies if it wraps)

Anyway they appear to have got quite good customer reviews on Amazon,
but I was just wondering if any of the esteemed (respected) group
regulars, might have any other other suggestions.

USB (or second sound card) crucial. Manually switching a PC audio
between telephone and other tasks is tiresome.

Single earpiece preferable I find. Leaves me to respond to other
disturbances with the remaining ear. Also having a conversation with
someone's voice appearing in the middle of me head is to me a bit wierd
and unnatural.

I've got a single earpiece Logitech Dialog-811 I'm perfectly happy with.
It runs into an extra soundcard on my PC (running Skype) and has a full
headband to secure it over me head.

But loads of other choices.

I've found with some (mostly elderly) folks that they get on better with
the types shaped like a telephone handset. And also don't necessarily
write off the built-in microphones on some webcams? - the quality of the
one on my Logitech Quickcam ain't that bad if the speakers are distant
from it.

Plantronics is a familiar brand for telecom headsets used in offices.
Whether they have badged something cheap here is perhaps a question, but
since there are happy users on Amazon and it's not particulary expensive
why not give it a go?

--
Adrian C
Old December 27th 09, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
kkm

In article , Gaz
writes
As per the subject really, I am looking to purchase a reasonable HeadSet
mainly for Voip & Web Cam use although this will not be for long periods
of time, I am happy to spend around 15 to 30!

A bit more expensive I know, but I have a Logitech wireless headset
(not blutooth) which is very good, and means you are not tethered to the
PC but can wander off to the kitchen or where ever during calls.

--
K.