Another Recommendation sought: VOIP Service Provider?

Old December 31st 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gaz

Default Another Recommendation sought: VOIP Service Provider?

Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.

I suppose the main points would be:

Ease of Use (not to technical)
Features (or added value extras).
Cost (if any)

Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,

Gaz.

Old December 31st 09, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Gaz" wrote in message ...

Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.

I suppose the main points would be:

Ease of Use (not to technical)
Features (or added value extras).
Cost (if any)

Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,

Gaz.

Really need to know a bit more, is it just for use on a softphone (computer)
or are you going to use real phones.
Also do you need incoming calls from normal phones as well as outgoing calls?

For the time being I will recommend sipgate.co.uk, great for incoming calls, geographic
phone number of your choice, preconfigured softphone downloadable (x-lite), excellent
voice mail with WAV file emailed to you etc., but outgoing calls are cheaper elsewhere.

For outgoing calls smartvoip.com
They have a softphone too. Calls to UK mobiles are 5p/min and landline calls
inclusive.

Both the above services can be used with your own SIP compatible hardware if
you wish.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 31st 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gaz

In article ,
says...

"Gaz" wrote in message ...

[...]

I intend to start out using a software/computer based 'softphone' to
begin with, then depending on how we (2 adults, 1of them being a
technophobe) I might upgrade to a hardwarphone system.

Thanks again.

Gaz.
Old December 31st 09, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Gaz" wrote in message ...

Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.

I suppose the main points would be:

Ease of Use (not to technical)
Features (or added value extras).
Cost (if any)

Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,

Well if it's just between people making free calls on the same provider it
doesn't really matter what you use. Whatever people say about Skype it
does have useful features integrated into it, like video and text.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%