Reconfiguring buttons on USB VOIP phone (X-Lite)?

Old January 3rd 10, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lobster

Default Reconfiguring buttons on USB VOIP phone (X-Lite)?

Am just setting up my daughter's laptop to run Sipgate with a new
el-cheapo USB VOIP phone (see http://tinyurl.com/ykokjjj) (or
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-VoIP...33712&sr =8-1)

Basically works OK but for the minor irritation that (except for the
numbers) the various buttons on it don't do what they are supposed to
(and some actually cause various undesirable actions on open windows!).
The paper manual describes how to reconfigure the keys appropriately
for Skype using Skype's proprietary software, but I can't see any way of
doing that from within X-Lite.

Is there any clever way of doing this? Not a big deal but would be nice...

Thanks
David
Old January 3rd 10, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lobster

Lobster wrote:
Am just setting up my daughter's laptop to run Sipgate with a new
el-cheapo USB VOIP phone (see http://tinyurl.com/ykokjjj) (or
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-VoIP...33712&sr =8-1)

Sorry, meant to include: the phone/manual is branded "VOIP-001", with no
other manufacturer details other than "China" (the usual story!)