VOIP on a Draytek router without direct ADSL/WAN connection.

Old January 3rd 10, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Default VOIP on a Draytek router without direct ADSL/WAN connection.

Hi,
I have a Draytek router or three, I have VOIP working fine on the main
WAN facing VOIP router (2600VG). I would like to use one of the spares
elsewhere on the network with VOIP capability (another 2600VG). I have it
currently setup just as a WAP, but I'll be blowed if I can get either of
the VOIP ports to work.

Topography is in simple terms:-

WAN 2600VG(192.168.0.1) 2600VG(192.168.0.100)

..100 is set for DHCP pass through, and just works for web access.

Register by is set to Auto, and the STUN server is set to sipgate.net
port 10000

I have tried with or without stun, and tried setting Register to WAN.
LAN/VPN and all combinations/permutations I can think of, but still can't
get it to register.

So, either, what I'm trying to do isn't possible, or I have missed
something important. Has anyone any experience of getting this set up to
work please?

regards,

- Steve
Old January 3rd 10, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve has brought this to us :
[...]

Your internet facing router is not passing on any of the appropriate
packets to the second one.

You'll need to change the ports in use on the voip ports on either,
then set up appropriate port forwarding.

Also, I assume you've connected the WAN port on the non-internet facing
router to a LAN port on the primary?

Old January 4th 10, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:10:46 +0000, Jono wrote:

Also, I assume you've connected the WAN port on the non-internet facing
router to a LAN port on the primary?

Being an ADSL 'router', would the WAN not be tied to the modem?

Old January 4th 10, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

In article ,

*Subject:* VOIP on a Draytek router without direct ADSL/WAN
connection.
*From:* Jono
*Date:* Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:10:46 GMT

Steve has brought this to us :
[...]

I've tried changing the ports and port forwarding the 2nd VOIP's ports to
the internal router, I even tried putting the 2nd router in a DMZ and
allocating it its own WAN IP (I have more than one). I have tried two
different VOIP providers (sipgate.co.uk and DrayTel) and still it refuses
to play.

- Steve
Old January 4th 10, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:33:00 +0000, Steve wrote:

In article ,

connection.
*From:* Jono *Date:* Sun, 03 Jan 2010
23:10:46 GMT

[...]

My guess {and it has no qualification} is that it considers all things
'WAN' to be from the modem part, and all things 'LAN' to be on the
Ethernet ports and for whatever reason the ATA has been tied to the WAN -
possibly to avoid any NAT or Firewall issues.

That said, looking at my old flaky Draky under VOIP SIP ACCOUNTS I note
there is a REGISTER VIA drop-down offering 'NONE','AUTO','WAN','LAN/VPN'.
A starter for 10, what happens if you set this to LAN?
Old January 4th 10, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Rob Johnson wrote on 04/01/2010 :
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:10:46 +0000, Jono wrote:

Also, I assume you've connected the WAN port on the non-internet facing
router to a LAN port on the primary?

Being an ADSL 'router', would the WAN not be tied to the modem?

All the Drayteks I've used have either Ethernet WAN or ADSL WAN.

Old January 5th 10, 07:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Johnson

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:56:52 +0000, Jono wrote:

Rob Johnson wrote on 04/01/2010 :
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:10:46 +0000, Jono wrote:

Also, I assume you've connected the WAN port on the non-internet
facing router to a LAN port on the primary?

Being an ADSL 'router', would the WAN not be tied to the modem?

All the Drayteks I've used have either Ethernet WAN or ADSL WAN.

My 2800 (or 'the slow, flaky old dog' as I call her) has a bog standard
modem which is the 'WAN' side. There is no option to switch that to
Ethernet. I imagine they probably make a version which has that or is
designed for cable instead?