Three Dongle - is Three Internet down??

Old January 15th 10, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default Three Dongle - is Three Internet down??

As usual I started up my '3' dongle and it made a connection OK
(winking green led) . It then started up I.E.8 and eventually
displayed the '3' Home Page. Then I clicked on Yahoo.com for my emaiIs
and the dongle refused to connect. In fact it refused to load pages
from BBC.co.uk GMail.com and a host of other sites.

Then I tried with Chrome and everything worked perfectly.

So I wonder why my Three dongle and Three Internet have suddenly taken
a dislike to I.E.? My guess is that its something to with all the
messing around Three have been doing to My3 - I suspect to upgrade to
better security layers than SSL 2.0 / 3.0 and TDL 1.0, and I.E. isn't
happy with the way Three has implemented these.

CJB.
Old January 15th 10, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"CJB" wrote in message
As usual I started up my '3' dongle and it made a connection OK
(winking green led) . It then started up I.E.8 and eventually
displayed the '3' Home Page. Then I clicked on Yahoo.com for my emaiIs
and the dongle refused to connect. In fact it refused to load pages
from BBC.co.uk GMail.com and a host of other sites.

Then I tried with Chrome and everything worked perfectly.

So I wonder why my Three dongle and Three Internet have suddenly taken
a dislike to I.E.? My guess is that its something to with all the
messing around Three have been doing to My3 - I suspect to upgrade to
better security layers than SSL 2.0 / 3.0 and TDL 1.0, and I.E. isn't
happy with the way Three has implemented these.
CJB.

You are using "3internet" APN, not "three.co.uk"

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with 2 bonus after 10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

Old January 15th 10, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

CJB wrote:
As usual I started up my '3' dongle and it made a connection OK
(winking green led) . It then started up I.E.8 and eventually
displayed the '3' Home Page. Then I clicked on Yahoo.com for my emaiIs
and the dongle refused to connect. In fact it refused to load pages
from BBC.co.uk GMail.com and a host of other sites.

Do you have any kind of proxy configured in IE?

Then I tried with Chrome and everything worked perfectly.

So I wonder why my Three dongle and Three Internet have suddenly taken
a dislike to I.E.?

Are you sure DNS is OK... that the DNS lookups are happening and it's
stalling at connecting to those sites rather than looking them up. IE may
be doing its DNS in a different way to Chrome.

Theo
Old January 15th 10, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

On Jan 15, 4:40*pm, Theo Markettos
wrote:
CJB wrote:
As usual I started up my '3' dongle and it made a connection OK
(winking green led) . It then started up I.E.8 and eventually
displayed the '3' Home Page. Then I clicked on Yahoo.com for my emaiIs
and the dongle refused to connect. In fact it refused to load pages
from BBC.co.uk *GMail.com and a host of other sites.

Do you have any kind of proxy configured in IE?

Then I tried with Chrome and everything worked perfectly.

So I wonder why my Three dongle and Three Internet have suddenly taken
a dislike to I.E.?

Are you sure DNS is OK... that the DNS lookups are happening and it's
stalling at connecting to those sites rather than looking them up. *IE may
be doing its DNS in a different way to Chrome.

Theo

Yeah - that may be it. I'm not sure the DNS lookups were succeeding
'cos at the bottom where the URL is displayed that it is waiting to
connect to all I could see were groups of nos. and not the textual
version. interrestingly after I went out for an hour, I tried it again
and I.E. was working perfectly. Chris B.