Asterisk - How to hide extensions ?

Old January 20th 10, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Default Asterisk - How to hide extensions ?

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )

Hidecallerid=no
or
restrictedID=yes

Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
"unavailable"....etc..

- Any idea ??

Thanks for your help
Old January 21st 10, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
the tried and tested strategy of:

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I would like to see something like "unavailable"....etc..

Do you want to do this globally, or just for calls between the two handsets?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
DIMENSION-CONTROLLING FORT DOH HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED,

Old January 22nd 10, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve wrote :
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2 sip
phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )

Hidecallerid=no
or
restrictedID=yes

Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
"unavailable"....etc..

- Any idea ??

Thanks for your help

Why??

Snom phones have a privacy setting that allows this.

Old January 22nd 10, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

alexd wrote:
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
the tried and tested strategy of:

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I would like to see something like "unavailable"....etc..

Do you want to do this globally, or just for calls between the two handsets?

hi,

no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone. Some
phone have this possibility, some don't
and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
the Asterisk server.
i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

Using a VoiP provider, a Set( CALLERID(num)=123456670) doesn't work for
me, because I suppose that the VoIP line provide has to force the line
number

So, at the moment, I just want to hide to show the extension for some phones

Thanks for your help

Old January 22nd 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Jono wrote:
Steve wrote :
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )

Hidecallerid=no
or
restrictedID=yes

Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
"unavailable"....etc..

- Any idea ??

Thanks for your help

Why??

Snom phones have a privacy setting that allows this.

hi,

yes, but you might be in conflict with the ASterisk server.... when you
have the same key function ( eg: *78 ) on both Server and phone.... :-(

I would prefer to handle this directly from the server

thanks
Old January 22nd 10, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Steve [email protected] wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )

Hidecallerid=no
or
restrictedID=yes

Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
"unavailable"....etc..

- Any idea ??

It's actually quite easy to do in the dialplan, but a lot will depend
on how your dialplan is constructed - or alterable by yourself.

One way to do it is on the called extension side - so if when
you call extension 222 it effectively does:

exten = 202,1,Dial(SIP/222)

then you can do

exten = 202,1,Set(CALLERID(num,"Withheld"))
exten = 202,n,Set(CALLERID(name,"Withheld"))
exten = 202,n,Dial(SIP/202)

That will then alter the caller ID to Withheld - but it will do it when
any phone calls extension 202.

If you want to do it when just one phone calls 202, then one way is to
use the astdb to store a value, tied to the calling extension which you
check on the called dialplan code, or call a special number...

Eg. dial 141 then a 3-digit extension to withhold ID to that extension:

exten = _141XXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all,"Withheld"))
exten = _141XXX,n,Goto(${EXTEN:3},1)

And so on.

(Apologies if you enter this & get syntax errors, I'm typing on a Friday
night and have nt tested it)

Gordon
Old January 22nd 10, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Gordon Henderson wrote:
[...]

Thanks Gordon,
I will try this immediately..
Thanks again and have a good WE :-)

Old January 22nd 10, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
the tried and tested strategy of:

no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone.

i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

This kind of clever stuff will need to be done in extensions.conf, as
anything you did in sip.conf will apply to everything the given handset
does.

I would start by putting the two special extensions in their own context [as
you only want CallerID barred on calls between these two handsets, and not
other extensions, right?]. See Gordon's post elsethread for more ideas.

and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
the Asterisk server.

I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
to Asterisk. BICBW.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:07:04 up 2 days, 8 min, 5 users, load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

Old January 22nd 10, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , alexd wrote:

and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
the Asterisk server.

I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
to Asterisk. BICBW.

That is the case - and some SIP phones are quite "smart" in what they
can do, and it's all within the SIP protocol. You can actually have
quite a sophisticated system with diverts to other phones, voicemail,
etc. all without writing a line of code in the PBX... As long as the
phone is turned on and plugged in... And everyone has the same make of
phone - as most makes have their own set of feature-codes and they're
mostly different..

So I turn off the phone's own feature-codes when I can and implement
a common set in my PBXs..

And oddly enough no-ones asked me to withhold caller ID between 2 SIP
phones ... yet ... I actually force the caller ID to be set in the PBX,
and totally ignore what the phone tells me.

Gordon
Old January 23rd 10, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

alexd wrote:
[...]

I just made the test. I have a Spa941 and I have :
'Block CID Per Call Act Code:*81'

I did it, dialed the number but is still displayed :-(

Is there something to add on the Asterisk server ? or is it completely
independent ?

Cheers,