Tesco any good ?

Old January 23rd 10, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Tesco any good ?

Hello, Are Tesco a good voip provider compared to any betemax clone,
Voipcheap etc.
Tesco seem cheap. 2p min 01,02-03 PAYG or 2.95 month anytime

Ideas ?

Old January 23rd 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Dave" wrote in message ...
Hello, Are Tesco a good voip provider compared to any betemax clone, Voipcheap etc.
Tesco seem cheap. 2p min 01,02-03 PAYG or 2.95 month anytime

Ideas ?

It's 10p to call a mobile (17p to "3")
smartvoip.com is half that amount plus you get your UK landlines effectively included.

If you want incoming calls use a separate sipgate.co.uk account.
If your device only supports one account I can tell you a way round that.

What hardware are you going to use, or is it going to be just a softphone?

When I did try out Tesco a year or so ago I found the service a bit flaky but
it might have been my bad luck

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old January 23rd 10, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Graham." wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello, Are Tesco a good voip provider compared to any betemax clone,
Voipcheap etc.
Tesco seem cheap. 2p min 01,02-03 PAYG or 2.95 month anytime

Ideas ?

It's 10p to call a mobile (17p to "3")
smartvoip.com is half that amount plus you get your UK landlines
effectively included.

If you want incoming calls use a separate sipgate.co.uk account.
If your device only supports one account I can tell you a way round that.

What hardware are you going to use, or is it going to be just a softphone?

When I did try out Tesco a year or so ago I found the service a bit flaky
but
it might have been my bad luck

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Thanks for the reply, I use a Draytek 2600VG and just looking really at
other options. The 2.95 seemed cheaper then BT's 'Anytime' @ 4.99
I don't call mobiles.... just 01,02 and some 0845 if I have to !

Dave