SIP client for Windows Pocket PC

Old February 3rd 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

Default SIP client for Windows Pocket PC

Hello,
I'm resussitating a friend's elderly PDA running Windows Pocket PC
I had installed sip software on it in the past, years ago.
I cn't remember which one it was (probably one of x-lite, sjphone,
wengophone?). But trawling the net, all the versions I can find are for
windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).

Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
Thanks
Old February 3rd 10, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
Hello,
I'm resussitating a friend's elderly PDA running Windows Pocket PC
I had installed sip software on it in the past, years ago.
I cn't remember which one it was (probably one of x-lite, sjphone,
wengophone?). But trawling the net, all the versions I can find are for
windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).

Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
Thanks

I lost track of whether X-lite ever produced the mobile client in the
end

For quite a while it was coming soon, queries in their forum and so
on, and perhaps there was a beta version for a while, but then it went
quiet, and I haven't looked since ...... there seems to be a new brand
called Bria, possibly with mobile versions .........

I vaguely remembered or suspected NCH in Australia have something, and
I just looked it up, haven't used it

http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html
Old February 3rd 10, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

On 03/02/2010 16:02, andy wrote:
On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador wrote:
[...]

Looks good, thanks. On their web site it it states that it works on
Windows Mobile 2002, which is what the machine in question has.
Now I'm getting an install problem, but I think that is a problem at my
end.
Old February 3rd 10, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

On 03/02/2010 17:38, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
On 03/02/2010 16:02, andy wrote:
On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador wrote:
[...]

Turns out not so good as I thought. Have installed it on my ipaq 6500
and will try it out tomorow, but it won't install on my mate's 2002
machine.
So will have to keep looking.
Old February 4th 10, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

On 03/02/2010 16:02, andy wrote:
On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador wrote:
[...]

Just saw the postings on the NCH user forum. It turns out that Win2002
is not supported after all.

So, I am still loooking. Anyone ?
Thanks