Recommendation for ATA

Old February 20th 10, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Recommendation for ATA

I currently have a PAP2 which works fine but I' need a second ATA. To
my surprise the price of these ATAs is now (around 40) about the same
as 5 years ago when I bought mine (I had assumed price would have come
down). I would rather like to have some additional facilities like a
standard POTS port as well as an integrated ethernet switch.

What would you recommend - another PAP2 or something with extra
facilities (as long as the cost is not more than around 80)?
Old February 20th 10, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"B" @. wrote in message
I currently have a PAP2 which works fine but I' need a second
ATA. To
my surprise the price of these ATAs is now (around 40) about the
same
as 5 years ago when I bought mine (I had assumed price would have
come
down). I would rather like to have some additional facilities
like a
standard POTS port as well as an integrated ethernet switch.

What would you recommend - another PAP2 or something with extra
facilities (as long as the cost is not more than around 80)?

Grandstream have always been regarded as a good make, but why not
Sipura?

Sipura were taken over by Linksys so are now part of the Cisco
family, but the older model numbers still survive. Since you are
happy with your PAP2T why not look at the SPA2000 or SPA3000
series?

If you want help on setting (at least) the SPA2000 look on the
Sipgate web site under Sipura - it really does make life easy!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old February 23rd 10, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:01:12 +0000, Woody wrote:

"B" Á@.å wrote in message
[...]

Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
experience, perform very well.
However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
advantages over the PAP2.
Briefly...
1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

--
Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address
Old February 23rd 10, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:46:41 GMT, Brian A wrote:

Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
experience, perform very well.
However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
advantages over the PAP2.
Briefly...
1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

Sounds good. Is the dial plan set-up similar to my PAP2? Have you any
recommendation for a supplier offering a good price for a new one?
Old February 24th 10, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sinna

On 2/23/2010 11:19 PM, B wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:46:41 GMT, Brian A wrote:

Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
experience, perform very well.
However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
advantages over the PAP2.
Briefly...
1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

Sounds good. Is the dial plan set-up similar to my PAP2? Have you any
recommendation for a supplier offering a good price for a new one?

AFAIK they share the same Web Interface so setting up the dial plan will
be (about?) the same.

Sinna
Old February 26th 10, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:31:31 +0100, Sinna wrote:

On 2/23/2010 11:19 PM, B wrote:
[...]

54 +post from broadbandstuff.co.uk and broadbandbuyer.co.uk
There are slightly cheaper prices from less well known vendors.

--
Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address