Network Hard Drive for backups

Old February 20th 10, 06:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ken Tukyfriedturkey

Default Network Hard Drive for backups

I am looking to place (Ethernet) a Hard drive onto my router (BT HH2) for
backups.

Iomega and WD seem to be the forerunners but are there any other
recommendations.

I like making up my own USB HDD enclosures with drives. Is this an option
for Ethernet enclosures.

I don't want to run the backup software that comes with Iomega and WD units,
but just want to see it as an attached drive that my current backup software
(Acronis) can save to.

ta