A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

German Phone Number


« AAISP VoIP? | teste »

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 23rd 10, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default German Phone Number

Apart from Sipgate, are there any other companies giving out free German
phone numbers that I can use for a VOIP system?

Thanks

Me
  #2  
Old February 23rd 10, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Nice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default German Phone Number


"Me" wrote in message
...
Apart from Sipgate, are there any other companies giving out free German
phone numbers that I can use for a VOIP system?

Thanks


Have you tried Google? I realise that might be rather too much like hard
work . . .

John


  #3  
Old February 23rd 10, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default German Phone Number

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:22:32 -0000, "John Nice"
johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom wrote:


"Me" wrote in message
.. .
Apart from Sipgate, are there any other companies giving out free German
phone numbers that I can use for a VOIP system?

Thanks


Have you tried Google? I realise that might be rather too much like hard
work . . .


Of course I have tried Google. Your unhelpful response is really not
appreciated.

I have a fair amount of time trying to find the answer before bothering
this newsgroup.

If you don't have anything helpful to say I wish you would just not
reply at all.

  #4  
Old February 24th 10, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 579
Default German Phone Number

On 23/02/10 23:31, Me wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:22:32 -0000, "John Nice"
johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom wrote:


wrote in message
...
Apart from Sipgate, are there any other companies giving out free German
phone numbers that I can use for a VOIP system?

Thanks


Have you tried Google? I realise that might be rather too much like hard
work . . .


Of course I have tried Google. Your unhelpful response is really not
appreciated.

I have a fair amount of time trying to find the answer before bothering
this newsgroup.

If you don't have anything helpful to say I wish you would just not
reply at all.


Just out of interest, what's wrong with Sipgate's numbers..?

I assume you are aware that for a normal geographic (rather than
Germany's equivalent of an 0845/0870 number) you need to have a German
geographic address to register it against.

Ivor

  #5  
Old February 24th 10, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default German Phone Number

Just out of interest, what's wrong with Sipgate's numbers..?

I assume you are aware that for a normal geographic (rather than
Germany's equivalent of an 0845/0870 number) you need to have a German
geographic address to register it against.


Thank you Ivor.

You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
of the Sipgate registration.

Me
  #6  
Old February 24th 10, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 579
Default German Phone Number

On 24/02/10 08:18, Me wrote:

[snip]

Thank you Ivor.

You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
of the Sipgate registration.

Me


This will happen whichever supplier you use. It's German law so I'm told.

Ivor

  #7  
Old February 25th 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default German Phone Number


On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:30:39 +0000, Ivor Jones
wrote:

On 24/02/10 08:18, Me wrote:

[snip]

Thank you Ivor.

You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
of the Sipgate registration.




This will happen whichever supplier you use. It's German law so I'm told.


Thanks Ivor,

Looks like I need to find a helpful German then!

Me
  #8  
Old February 28th 10, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 34
Default German Phone Number


"Me" schreef in bericht
...
You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
of the Sipgate registration.


attn Me ...
Contrary to Sipgate in the UK, where they check your IP address to find out
you location, Sipgate Germany needs much more stringent rules.
They check your exact name and address, with the german Database of bank
accounts (SHUFA)
This is not a credit check as many people think, but a complete Database of
ALL german Bank account holders.
This is done on-line during the registration. If there is an *exact match*,
then you will get a german geographical number.
If negative, they will need the written proof of residency, e.g. copy of the
"Anmeldung" (registration in the city), copy of your phone or electricity
bill, etc ... Otherwise you will get a non-geographical number.
Going trough a german proxy will not help.

You may indeed need to find a helpful German

attn Ivor ....
I need a helpful Brit for a Sipgate.co.uk issue.
Can you please contact me by mail ? I can't find your e-mail address.

Regards
Philippe (Belgium)





  #9  
Old March 1st 10, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default German Phone Number

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:10:17 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
wrote:


"Me" schreef in bericht
.. .
You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
of the Sipgate registration.


attn Me ...
Contrary to Sipgate in the UK, where they check your IP address to find out
you location, Sipgate Germany needs much more stringent rules.
They check your exact name and address, with the german Database of bank
accounts (SHUFA)
This is not a credit check as many people think, but a complete Database of
ALL german Bank account holders.
This is done on-line during the registration. If there is an *exact match*,
then you will get a german geographical number.
If negative, they will need the written proof of residency, e.g. copy of the
"Anmeldung" (registration in the city), copy of your phone or electricity
bill, etc ... Otherwise you will get a non-geographical number.
Going trough a german proxy will not help.

You may indeed need to find a helpful German


Thank you very much Philippe

Me
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DID - Phone number : Who / How much ? Steve uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 8 January 27th 10 01:56 PM
help please :- nokia e63 symbian phone , how to have more than one sip number coming into my phone , i'm on three.co.uk network , no probs with cost of data when not attached to my home or business network.... Just Wondering uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 November 23rd 09 07:21 PM
Help-Charging German Fritzbox from German to English Nigel uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 January 22nd 08 10:47 PM
US phone number Steve uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 8 May 6th 07 08:16 PM
Getting a USA phone number Tony Kay uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 11 June 13th 05 07:04 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.