Experiences with a Belkin N+ router ? - especially the usb disk ?

Old March 23rd 10, 04:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
tolgan

Default Experiences with a Belkin N+ router ? - especially the usb disk ?

I'm looking for an "n" series wireless modem (for cable connection).
From reviews, Belkin N+ looks reasonable if uninspiring
range/performance, not that expoensive (around 50-60) , and I like
the idea of hanging a usb network disk off it....

....except the reviews on its disk are somewhat mixed. I don't mind
installing some extra software on the machines on the network that
need to access it. But I did read one report that says that the usb is
only 1.1 not 2.0, and/or basically *slow*. (I'm not planning on
streaming from it, but I don't want to be waiting hours for file
transfers, backups, etc)

Anyone know the score here?