Mobile USB Broadband Dongles Limits

Old April 3rd 10, 01:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Mobile USB Broadband Dongles Limits

I've just bought an o2 USB dongle on a PAYG agreement.

Quitrepleased with the portability so far but re the data limit, all
four networks are very similar in the limits with daily, weekly and
monthly allowances but there is also a data limit.

Anyone know how the data usage can be checked, not a major issue with
daily but weekly or monthly could be a problem.

Geoff Lane
Old April 3rd 10, 01:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Whelan

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:26:15 +0100, Geoff Lane wrote:

I've just bought an o2 USB dongle on a PAYG agreement.

Quitrepleased with the portability so far but re the data limit, all
four networks are very similar in the limits with daily, weekly and
monthly allowances but there is also a data limit.

Anyone know how the data usage can be checked, not a major issue with
daily but weekly or monthly could be a problem.

Geoff Lane

Read page 27 of the User Guide.

When you launch the Connection Manager s/w, click "View Usage & Buy
Access".

Hope you have better luck than I did with it; connection was so limited
as to be unusable in both areas I needed it, although they are shown as
"good" on the access map. I also found the supplied software to slow my
netbook to a crawl, and stop XP from shutting down.

It actually worked slightly better in Linux Mint 8...

I've given up on it, and gone with Vodaphone PAYG instead; only option is
30 days/3GB, so not as good as o2 in that respect, but it connects
everywhere I've tried it so far.

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.
Old April 3rd 10, 02:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

On 03/04/2010 12:38, Chris Whelan wrote:

Hope you have better luck than I did with it; connection was so limited
as to be unusable in both areas I needed it, although they are shown as
"good" on the access map. I also found the supplied software to slow my
netbook to a crawl, and stop XP from shutting down.

It actually worked slightly better in Linux Mint 8...

I've given up on it, and gone with Vodaphone PAYG instead; only option is
30 days/3GB, so not as good as o2 in that respect, but it connects
everywhere I've tried it so far.

I've found Three to have the best coverage. I used to travel throughout
the UK going to some quite remote places. It also seems to have the
highest number of HDSPA areas as well.

--
Conor I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.