Thomson TG585 router

Old April 3rd 10, 02:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sami

Default Thomson TG585 router

I'm with Zen Internet and looking to upgrade to 8Mbps. They've recommended
the Thomson TG585 router, has anyone any experience of it, and is it a good
choice?

I'll be networking one, (maybe two) PCs, two laptops and a PS3, and I could
do with something reliable and easy to set up.

My old router, a 3Com has two aerials and I see this Thomson has just the
one - does that have any bearing on wireless performance?

Thanks.

Old April 7th 10, 07:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard Sutherland

In message , Sami
writes
I'm with Zen Internet and looking to upgrade to 8Mbps. They've recommended
the Thomson TG585 router, has anyone any experience of it, and is it a good
choice?

I'll be networking one, (maybe two) PCs, two laptops and a PS3, and I could
do with something reliable and easy to set up.

My old router, a 3Com has two aerials and I see this Thomson has just the
one - does that have any bearing on wireless performance?

Thanks.

I had a Netgear for years that started to get dropped connections after
Demon updated their s/w. Replaced it with a Thomson SG585 and haven't
looked back. East to set up / configure and haven't had a problem since
I got it.

You'll get more info he

http://www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.c...products/produ
ct-detail.php?id=161#
--
Richard. ** http://www.grange.demon.co.uk **
"Snarl, Growl, Kill, Maim, Murder!!" - Sig Vicious
Old April 8th 10, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sami

"Richard Sutherland" wrote in message
In message , Sami
writes
[...]