Networking with an Apple iPhone 3G?

Old May 3rd 10, 04:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gerald

Default Networking with an Apple iPhone 3G?

Hi,

I have a two PC network on my Windows XP home using lan on a Netgear
DG834GSP. I have set up the wireless section of the router so that I can
use the iPhone on Wi Fi. Is there any way I can add the iPhone to the
network so that I could access the shared printer and drives?

Any information gratefully received.

Gerald
Old May 3rd 10, 05:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

On 03/05/2010 16:15, Gerald wrote:
Hi,

I have a two PC network on my Windows XP home using lan on a Netgear
DG834GSP. I have set up the wireless section of the router so that I can
use the iPhone on Wi Fi. Is there any way I can add the iPhone to the
network so that I could access the shared printer and drives?

Yes, the iPhone needs additional software though.

Go to the App store on iTunes and search. A few printer and file sharing
apps come up, some free.

--
Adrian C