Network my Freesat box to my computer help please

Old May 10th 10, 06:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BORG

Default Network my Freesat box to my computer help please

My Set Top Box arrived, very happy. (STB)

OK the 1st Problem

It can see my computer (WORKGROUP-BORG-PC) through the LAN connected
direct to the computer but when I try and access the computer from the
STB it asks for a user name and password.

AFAIK I have no user name or password set up. It just logs straight in.

I'm running Win7 on the Computer and the STB is a Technisat HDFS
Old May 10th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Mon, 10 May 2010 17:41:12 +0100
Borg wrote:

My Set Top Box arrived, very happy. (STB)

OK the 1st Problem

It can see my computer (WORKGROUP-BORG-PC) through the LAN connected
direct to the computer but when I try and access the computer from
the STB it asks for a user name and password.

AFAIK I have no user name or password set up. It just logs straight
in.

I'm running Win7 on the Computer and the STB is a Technisat HDFS

I've left Windows behind, or Windows has left me behind, or something,
but I reckon if you run
echo %USERNAME%
in a console it will tell you who you are.

Old May 10th 10, 10:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BORG

Borg wrote:

My Set Top Box arrived, very happy. (STB)

OK the 1st Problem

It can see my computer (WORKGROUP-BORG-PC) through the LAN connected
direct to the computer but when I try and access the computer from
the STB it asks for a user name and password.

AFAIK I have no user name or password set up. It just logs straight
in.

I'm running Win7 on the Computer and the STB is a Technisat HDFS

I've left Windows behind, or Windows has left me behind, or something,
but I reckon if you run
echo %USERNAME%
in a console it will tell you who you are.

Na just found out you can't join the Win7 network

Seems a big flaw. Can't even get a Vista comp to connect
Old May 11th 10, 01:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

Borg wrote:

My Set Top Box arrived, very happy. (STB)

OK the 1st Problem

It can see my computer (WORKGROUP-BORG-PC) through the LAN connected
direct to the computer but when I try and access the computer from
the STB it asks for a user name and password.

AFAIK I have no user name or password set up. It just logs straight
in.

I'm running Win7 on the Computer and the STB is a Technisat HDFS

I've left Windows behind, or Windows has left me behind, or something,
but I reckon if you run
echo %USERNAME%
in a console it will tell you who you are.

Na just found out you can't join the Win7 network

Seems a big flaw. Can't even get a Vista comp to connect

Well that's down to it being set up incorrectly, not Windows 7, if Vista
can't connect. I have WinXP, Vista and Mac OS X connecting to my Win7
desktop. Add a password to the account you use on Windows 7 and use the
same username and pass on the STB.

--
Conor I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
Old May 11th 10, 01:42 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BORG

Conor wrote:
Borg wrote:

[...]

Tried that, been on a few forums and they all report that ther STB can't
connect to Win7 but they 'hope' to release an update soon.