Windows Network LAN benchmark utility?

Old May 13th 10, 06:26 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

Default Windows Network LAN benchmark utility?

Can anyone recommend a good windows utility to continously check network
speed by chucking various packets between two computers (one Vista,
other XP). I'm not interested in performing speed tests against my ISP,
just the LAN.

Cheers

--
Adrian C
Old May 14th 10, 12:08 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Will

"Adrian C" wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a good windows utility to continously check network speed by chucking various packets between two computers
(one Vista, other XP). I'm not interested in performing speed tests against my ISP, just the LAN.

Cheers

--

iperf or maybe jperf for gui. Works a treat on xp - I won't touch vista so haven't ever tried it on that.

Old May 14th 10, 12:56 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

On 13/05/2010 23:08, Will wrote:
"Adrian wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a good windows utility to continously check network speed by chucking various packets between two computers
(one Vista, other XP). I'm not interested in performing speed tests against my ISP, just the LAN.

Cheers

--

iperf or maybe jperf for gui. Works a treat on xp - I won't touch vista so haven't ever tried it on that.

Thanks. A google found the sourceforge iperf site but no one is sharing
ready built binaries for Windows except some fairly old ones from 2003,
so at the moment I'm attempting a build under cygwin ...

--
Adrian C