Adding NetBios to Win2K and Win 7 ???

Old August 12th 10, 05:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JD

Default Adding NetBios to Win2K and Win 7 ???

Hey Experts,

I am trying to setup a NetBios system on my pair of boxes - Box1
(Win2K) and NetBook (Win7).

I visited the 'Local Area Connection 2' in Network and Dialup
Connections on Box1.
Opening the 'Local Area Connection 2' and clicking the General tab I
find 'NWLink NetBios' and select it. Then I click the Install button and
I get a small window with choices of Client, Service and Protocol.

Still on Box1 I click Client and see the message "A client provides
access to computers and files on the network you are connecting to."
That seemed like the Box1. I click Add and then get the message "Windows
is unable to find any drivers....." I found the file NetBios.SY_ on
my original Win2K CD and I guess the .SY_ means it's compressed.
Clicking or double-clicking did not decompress. I believe I am getting
rusty ;-)

Then I clicked Protocol and all that was there was Apple Talk Protocol
and DLC Protocol.

For Service all that was available was QoS Packet Scheduler and SAP Agent.

Can anyone see a solution here?

TIA