IPCONFIG

Old September 21st 10, 07:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Ouzzi

Default IPCONFIG

Hi,

My laptop suddenley fails to 'see' my server on my local intranet
(post Windows Update we think)

An IPCONFIG on both wireless and wired adapters does NOT show the IPV4
address or any other information apart from a whole list of tunnel
adapters ....

Any ideas?

TIA
Old September 21st 10, 08:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Saville

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 06:30:46 UTC, Jack Ouzzi
wrote:

Hi,

My laptop suddenley fails to 'see' my server on my local intranet
(post Windows Update we think)

An IPCONFIG on both wireless and wired adapters does NOT show the IPV4
address or any other information apart from a whole list of tunnel
adapters ....

Any ideas?

Re-install TCP/IP. I have seen that fix many problems. You can do it
from the command line without re-installing win. Google should turn it
up - I can't recall the command string off hand.
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old September 22nd 10, 06:41 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Ouzzi

wrote:

Hi,

My laptop suddenley fails to 'see' my server on my local intranet
(post Windows Update we think)

An IPCONFIG on both wireless and wired adapters does NOT show the IPV4
address or any other information apart from a whole list of tunnel
adapters ....

Any ideas?

Re-install TCP/IP. I have seen that fix many problems. You can do it
from the command line without re-installing win. Google should turn it
up - I can't recall the command string off hand.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Thanks Dave I will try that ..
Old September 23rd 10, 07:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Ouzzi

wrote:

Hi,

My laptop suddenley fails to 'see' my server on my local intranet
(post Windows Update we think)

An IPCONFIG on both wireless and wired adapters does NOT show the IPV4
address or any other information apart from a whole list of tunnel
adapters ....

Any ideas?

Re-install TCP/IP. I have seen that fix many problems. You can do it
from the command line without re-installing win. Google should turn it
up - I can't recall the command string off hand.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Thanks Dave I will try that ..

Nope did not work .... anyone any other ideas??

TIA
Old October 3rd 10, 08:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jack Ouzzi

wrote:

Hi,

My laptop suddenley fails to 'see' my server on my local intranet
(post Windows Update we think)

An IPCONFIG on both wireless and wired adapters does NOT show the IPV4
address or any other information apart from a whole list of tunnel
adapters ....

Any ideas?

Re-install TCP/IP. I have seen that fix many problems. You can do it
from the command line without re-installing win. Google should turn it
up - I can't recall the command string off hand.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Thanks Dave I will try that ..

Nope did not work .... anyone any other ideas??

TIA

Fresh re-install was all that cured it!!