Help cancelling "Cease" order.

Old October 17th 10, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Help cancelling "Cease" order.

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend who is facing imminent shutdown
of her Internet connection through some mix up. If anyone knows any
magical incantation or who she can contract to get this rectified
quickly it would be appreciated...

Her summary of events is below:

I recently decided to cancel my telephone '12 month' BT contract, and
look at other packages on offer. I then decided TalkTalk and others were
not good, and signed up again for another 12 months with BT.

BT in the meantime cancelled my whole line and notified my ISP (Uno
Broadband) that my line was closing down with a 'Cease' order. I
immediately contacted BT and told them my intent was to just cancel the
12 months contract originally, not my line. They wrote back that they
had cancelled the 'Cease' order and all would be fine.

But now my ISP tells me BT have sent THREE 'Cease' orders and only TWO
cancellations of that order? So my connection will be cut, and I'll be
charged the customary 29 for it.

I have since had more emails with BT, and phone calls, they tell me it's
held up at BT Wholesale. I contacted them, and they shut for the
weekend, and will answer me tomorrow. (we hope)

I have apparently only 5 days left and my line is automatically cut off!

Surely it is a simple action to resend this cancellation of the cease
order,(for the third time) - and why was it sent THREE times to my ISP
after it was supposed to be cancelled the first time? These are
questions I cannot get answers for.

Can anyone help this to happen, please, before I am lost in space with
no Internet? I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Old October 17th 10, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

-----

My reply:

This is unresolvable. Even reasonably expert ISPs (such as Zen) cannot undo
a cancellation that has been done by BT. The most you can expect is a
reconnection on their standard terms (usually 5 days plus any reconnection
charge). Note that it is not actually necessary to cancel your line or
calls package to provoke a "cease" - simply changing the billing from
"business" to "domestic" will generate a "cease" that your ISP has no
control over.

There is no technical reason for this. It is purely administrative.

If you can, vote with your feet. Get a phone service and line from somebody
other than BT (essentially that is a cable-based service, generally only
available in big cities!)

--
Graham J

Old October 17th 10, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angelica

This is unresolvable. *Even reasonably expert ISPs (such as Zen) cannot undo
a cancellation that has been done by BT. *The most you can expect is a
reconnection on their standard terms (usually 5 days plus any reconnection
charge). *Note that it is not actually necessary to cancel your line or
calls package to provoke a "cease" - simply changing the billing from
"business" to "domestic" will generate a "cease" that your ISP has no
control over.

There is no technical reason for this. *It is purely administrative.

If you can, vote with your feet. *Get a phone service and line from somebody
other than BT *(essentially that is a cable-based service, generally only
available in big cities!)

--
Graham J

Hi Grayham,

My ISP state they actually have received TWO cancellations as I post
below, so why not a third which will cancel these charges as BT told
me would happen by email (and verbally) - after my first complaint? \/

Hi Angela,

Not what we're seeing....

Three ceases, the one on the 14th is still there and pending to
happen. If that date comes around, the broadband will cease and there
isn't anything we can do about it

Matt

PSTN cease *
Cease
01568*****
HR6 8UH
E******
2010-10-14 16:02:35

PSTN cease
Cease
Cancelled
01568*****
HR6 8UH
E******
2010-10-11 23:32:14

PSTN cease
Cease
Cancelled
01568*****
HR6 8UH
E******
2010-10-11 22:11:57
--
Support
uno Broadband

w: http://www.uno.net.uk
t: 0345 642 0340
f: 0345 642 0341
Old October 17th 10, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Graham J wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Or if not that, but a phone service from someone other than BT over the
BT line. Yes, its still BT, bit it aint BT retail, its a contract with a
provider who rent the line off BT

I did this with IDnet, and never looked back. Instead of every quarter
some cockup trying to pay BT a oe stop billing that is clear, and simple.

I can say life has been simpler and better since I did this :=)
Old October 17th 10, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angelica

On 17 Oct, 19:21, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Graham J wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yes, this was my original intent with stopping the 12 months contract,
(but NOT my goddam line) - but being in the sticks here, TalkTalk and
very few others are attractive, and could even be worse! (if that is
possible)

My ISP Uno Broadband are great and I get a constant 7mps down and .360
up, at all times now, so I'm happy with those considering my exchange
is still using the Enigma machine.
Old October 17th 10, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Angelica" wrote in message

[...]

[snip]
My reply:

It might happen, but your ISP has no control. You and they are in the hands
of BT ...

--
Graham J