IDNET: Another 6 hour total outage

Old October 20th 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty Lady

Default IDNET: Another 6 hour total outage

While I feel for IDNET, I'm getting *MIGHTY SICK AND BLOODY TIRED* of
outages with them. Rumour has it that 'IDOUT' will soon enter the Oxford
English as a 'A short but annoying and frequent network outage peculiar
to the UK ISP "IDNET".

Today a major slice of their customers have had no service since 10:55am
- restoration came about 17:10. OVER SIX HOURS.

To compound issues they switch their phones to 'F**K YOU ALL' mode,
record a message on an answering machine and bury their heads in the sand
so nobody can call them up.

Sure, heard it all before "It's big bad BT" well IDNET LISTEN UP....

PAY YOUR ****ING BILLS ON TIME

Old October 20th 10, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Comtroll

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:36:57 +0000, Rusty Lady wrote:

Today a major slice of their customers have had no service since 10:55am
- restoration came about 17:10. OVER SIX HOURS.

Get a proper ISP then moron! If you want to stick with an ISP that looks
like it's going down the toilet then don't bleat when it goes tits up.

--
BT Openreach Engineers - all they need to supply for work is their own
socks and pants
Old October 21st 10, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis McMahon

On 20/10/10 17:36, Rusty Lady wrote:

While I feel for IDNET ....

Amazingly you seem to be the only IDNet customer reporting on this outage.

Maybe it wasn't quite as widespread as you suggest?

Rgds

Denis McMahon
Old October 21st 10, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty Lady

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:09:05 +0100, Denis McMahon scribe:

On 20/10/10 17:36, Rusty Lady wrote:

While I feel for IDNET ....

Amazingly you seem to be the only IDNet customer reporting on this
outage.

Are you some kind of ****?

=============
FROM THEIR WEBSITE
=============
Network Status
2010-10-20 17:19: BT have now resolved the authentication problem so that
customers on the WBC 21CN network are able to login through our
functioning Gigabit link. We are still awaiting a fix for the other
Gigabit link.

2010-10-20 16:42: Both of these faults have been escalated to the highest
levels within BT due to the toally unacceptable length of time it is
taking to find and fix the problems.

2010-10-20 15:44: BT Openreach are tracing the fault on the failed
Gigabit circuit and BT Operate are working on the ADSL2+ login fault. We
still have no estimated time to fix for either fault. We are chasing them
very hard on this.

2010-10-20 14:49: We suspect that BT are filtering our ADSL2+ customers'
login authentications. We have informed BT of this and have asked to them
to check through their filter configurations.

2010-10-20 13:30: ADSL Max lines on the 20C broadband network are
successfully failing over to the working BT Gigabit link but ADSL2+ lines
on the 21C network are not. BT are diagnosing.

2010-10-20 12:31: BT have identified a fault with one of our two Host
Link connections to them. The fault investigation is ongoing and also why
those affected customers have not automatically failed over to the
working connection.

2010-10-20 11:24: We have yet another BT service failure this morning
affecting around 50&% of lines. BT are aware and are investigating.

Broadband Sub-Optimal Service
Old October 21st 10, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty Lady

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:02:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher scribe:

All these faults were BT faults. You may say 'Idnet would say that,
wouldn't they' But really, what else can IDnet do?

Pay their bills on time.........
Old October 21st 10, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Rusty Lady wrote:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:02:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher scribe:

All these faults were BT faults. You may say 'Idnet would say that,
wouldn't they' But really, what else can IDnet do?

Pay their bills on time.........

evidence to say that they don't?

or is this mere libellous allegation?
Old October 21st 10, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Rance

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 Denis McMahon wrote:

On 20/10/10 17:36, Rusty Lady wrote:

While I feel for IDNET ....

Amazingly you seem to be the only IDNet customer reporting on this outage.

Maybe it wasn't quite as widespread as you suggest?

It certainly affected me for the best part of yesterday.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old October 21st 10, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Rance

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

All these faults were BT faults. You may say 'Idnet would say that,
wouldn't they' But really, what else can IDnet do?

But it does seem to be happening quite often.

I subscribed to IDNet back in the summer whilst keeping my Demon
account. I was planning on going over completely to IDNet if they seemed
to be more robust than Demon.

But they don't.

Do any other ISPs suffer these outages at the hands of BT?

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old October 21st 10, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

All these faults were BT faults. You may say 'Idnet would say that,
wouldn't they' But really, what else can IDnet do?

But it does seem to be happening quite often.

I subscribed to IDNet back in the summer whilst keeping my Demon
account. I was planning on going over completely to IDNet if they seemed
to be more robust than Demon.

But they don't.

Do any other ISPs suffer these outages at the hands of BT?

Oh yes.

But the smaller ones are distinctly more vulnerable, as they only have
4-5 pipes, and if BT screws up those..

BUT on the other side of the coin, IDNET never fail to deliver
consistent bandwidth to me, and there is zero traffic shaping
whatsoever. VOIP normally works 100% clean for example.

Horses for courses.

Would you rather have a soggy 512-1Mbps, 99.999% uptime, or a solid
28Mps 99.99% uptime on your line...

I was talking to IDNET today, and managed to get a support person. 'you
make a change from the 400 callbacks we have done today' (I was calling
about hosting services, not connectivity, to get some info for a
customer). There was apparently a fairly big meeting with BT going
on..and presumably somewhat heated.

Anyway, I am staying. It's not every ISP support person who can talk
intelligently about loadable PHP libraries, and knows the difference
between a virtual machine and a virtual server.

I think total downtime has been about 10 hours in two years, and all of
that last weekend and yesterday by and large. All due to BT messing
around with the backhaul feed into their hosting centre.

David

Old October 21st 10, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Comtroll

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:16:49 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Pay their bills on time.........

evidence to say that they don't?

The cutting off of their service?

or is this mere libellous allegation?