Pay-as-you-go mobile broadband in Italy?

Old October 24th 10, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
news.eternal-september.org

Default Pay-as-you-go mobile broadband in Italy?

An uncle lives in a remote area of Italy which has no broadband
connectivity, but a fairly decent mobile connection. We've been discussing
getting a mobile broadband dongle whatsit, but as he only spends a portion
of his time there, he wonders whether there's such a thing as pay-as-you-go
over there.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Given the remote location, our his
preference would be to try it out at home and, if the signal isn't strong
enough, to return the dongle, although we fear this might be a step too far
for Italian customer service!

Cheers.

Old October 24th 10, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:49:56 +0100, news.eternal-september.org wrote:
An uncle lives in a remote area of Italy which has no broadband
connectivity, but a fairly decent mobile connection. We've been discussing
getting a mobile broadband dongle whatsit, but as he only spends a portion
of his time there, he wonders whether there's such a thing as pay-as-you-go
over there.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Given the remote location, our his
preference would be to try it out at home and, if the signal isn't strong
enough, to return the dongle, although we fear this might be a step too far
for Italian customer service!

I can't recommend any italian ISPs. However if it was me, I'd buy the
dongle in britain and get it unlocked over here, _then_ take it to
italy and get a SIM for it. My experience of france and spain is that
these things are much cheaper to buy in the UK - and probably easier
to dispose of if the plan doesn't work out.

--
http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/24...1414817284.php