PlusNet Value Broadband for gaming?

Old October 28th 10, 04:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
buecmcla

Default PlusNet Value Broadband for gaming?

Hi. I am thinking of getting Plusnet's value package which has a 10GB
usage allowance per month but no contract and up to 20MB speeds.
I was with them before but i had the Plusnet Pro package for gaming
which was excellent all round.
I am currently trying to cut down on the old spending so i want to go
for the value package, however i play World of Warcraft and i see that
their is a 2MB restriction on gaming: seen link below

http://tinyurl.com/y9majam

So i wondering, if anyone has any knowledge on this package and how it
performs with gaming, particularly WoW, some advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
buecmcla
Old October 28th 10, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:00:46 +0100, buecmcla
wrote:

Hi. I am thinking of getting Plusnet's value package which has a 10GB
usage allowance per month but no contract and up to 20MB speeds.
I was with them before but i had the Plusnet Pro package for gaming
which was excellent all round.
I am currently trying to cut down on the old spending so i want to go
for the value package, however i play World of Warcraft and i see that
their is a 2MB restriction on gaming: seen link below

http://tinyurl.com/y9majam

So i wondering, if anyone has any knowledge on this package and how it
performs with gaming, particularly WoW, some advice would be
appreciated.

AFAIK no games need 2Mb/sec. Latency is much more important for
gaming.

The 10GB/month limit on the product may be a problem unless you are a
light user.
--
(\__/) M.

Old October 28th 10, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 28/10/2010 04:00, buecmcla wrote:
Hi. I am thinking of getting Plusnet's value package which has a 10GB
usage allowance per month but no contract and up to 20MB speeds.
I was with them before but i had the Plusnet Pro package for gaming
which was excellent all round.
I am currently trying to cut down on the old spending so i want to go
for the value package, however i play World of Warcraft and i see that
their is a 2MB restriction on gaming: seen link below

http://tinyurl.com/y9majam

So i wondering, if anyone has any knowledge on this package and how it
performs with gaming, particularly WoW, some advice would be
appreciated.

A 2Mbps rate limit won't affect WoW gameplay as long as the traffic is
being classified correctly by our traffic management platform (which I
believe it is).

You may have problems if you've multiple people gaming from the same
connection at the same time but I doubt that's the case (is it?)

Old October 28th 10, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
buecmcla

Plusnet Support Team;195071 Wrote:
On 28/10/2010 04:00, buecmcla wrote:-
Hi. I am thinking of getting Plusnet's value package which has a 10GB
usage allowance per month but no contract and up to 20MB speeds.
I was with them before but i had the Plusnet Pro package for gaming
which was excellent all round.
I am currently trying to cut down on the old spending so i want to go
for the value package, however i play World of Warcraft and i see that
their is a 2MB restriction on gaming: seen link below

http://tinyurl.com/y9majam

So i wondering, if anyone has any knowledge on this package and how it
performs with gaming, particularly WoW, some advice would be
appreciated.-

A 2Mbps rate limit won't affect WoW gameplay as long as the traffic is
being classified correctly by our traffic management platform (which I
believe it is).

You may have problems if you've multiple people gaming from the same
connection at the same time but I doubt that's the case (is it?)

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|Plusnet Plc. www.plus.net

No this isn't the case, I will be the only one using the connection. I
will be leaving all my downloading to after midnight of course and i
cant see me breaking the 10GB allowance, as online gaming downloads very
little ive heard.
When i was with Plusnet before I had no problems what so ever with
latency,
I would hope that this being the same line and all that I can expect
'relatively' the same?

--
buecmcla