viewing files from different subnet

Old October 31st 10, 11:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nnk

Default viewing files from different subnet

hi
I have a home network with 4 xboxs each with public i/ps (no nat) and 5
routers/switches seen below

http://www.zen107481.zen.co.uk/nettop3.jpg

all the computers can see the nas server how can I get the xboxes to see the
server

tia

Nik

Old November 1st 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

On 31/10/2010 10:46, nnk wrote:
hi
I have a home network with 4 xboxs each with public i/ps (no nat) and 5
routers/switches seen below

http://www.zen107481.zen.co.uk/nettop3.jpg

all the computers can see the nas server how can I get the xboxes to see the
server

On the assumption that you can't set up multiple IP addresses on the
Xboxes (and do a bit of rewiring), the only way I can see is to use port
forwarding on the WGR614.

Alex
Old November 2nd 10, 06:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nnk

"Alex Fraser" wrote in message
On 31/10/2010 10:46, nnk wrote:
hi
I have a home network with 4 xboxs each with public i/ps (no nat) and 5
routers/switches seen below

http://www.zen107481.zen.co.uk/nettop3.jpg

all the computers can see the nas server how can I get the xboxes to see
the
server

On the assumption that you can't set up multiple IP addresses on the
Xboxes (and do a bit of rewiring), the only way I can see is to use port
forwarding on the WGR614.

Alex

so I would set up a server (port forward) of 192.168.2.250 for what ports
.... 80?

What sort of rewiring did you have in mind? the current config is the only
way I can seem to not use NAT for the xboxes (pnp and port forwarding the
gaming ports does not allow a fully open Non NAT connection to xbox live
(and Ive tried everything I can thing of)

regards
nik

Old November 2nd 10, 07:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:46:01 -0000
"nnk" wrote:

hi
I have a home network with 4 xboxs each with public i/ps (no nat) and
5 routers/switches seen below

http://www.zen107481.zen.co.uk/nettop3.jpg

all the computers can see the nas server how can I get the xboxes to
see the server

Forward UDP ports 137 and 138, TCP ports 139 and 445 from IP106 to
192.168.2.250
Or you could try setting a static route on IP110, destination
192.168.2.50 gateway IP106 but that probably shouldn't work. :-)