DG team dead

Old November 1st 10, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

Default DG team dead

It looks like DG Team, the creators of the BRILLIANT custom Netgear
firmwares is no more...sob, sob.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old November 1st 10, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On 01/11/10 15:23, DrTeeth wrote:
It looks like DG Team, the creators of the BRILLIANT custom Netgear
firmwares is no more...sob, sob.

Is this assumption based on any more info than their web site being in
'Maintenance Mode' since the weekend ?
Old November 1st 10, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 18:07:17 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Andrew Benham disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

Is this assumption based on any more info than their web site being in
'Maintenance Mode' since the weekend ?

The message is pretty final. "It will be rare to see another" seems
quite clear to me. What makes you think otherwise?

--

Cheers,

DrT

Old November 1st 10, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

Oh, and you are in a minority of 1 in all the forums that know.
Everybody else thinks Steve-O has given up. A real shame indeed and a
real loss.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old November 1st 10, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On 01/11/10 22:10, DrTeeth wrote:
Oh, and you are in a minority of 1 in all the forums that know.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that I thought DGteam was still going - just
that I'd not seen any info that they'd stopped. I guess I've not looked
in the right places.

Everybody else thinks Steve-O has given up. A real shame indeed and a
real loss.

I suspect the biggest loss is that they'll never release the source code
for their 'command' utility. Just about everything else should be
possible to recreate fairly easily.

Old November 2nd 10, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PA

"DrTeeth" wrote in message
It looks like DG Team, the creators of the BRILLIANT custom Netgear
firmwares is no more...sob, sob.
--

Shame if so, but brilliant?

Well, their Noise Margin algorithm was far superior to Netgear's - which
wouldn't be difficult - but there were loads of bugs - and no obvious way of
reporting them.

Shame if so, though

PA

Old December 17th 10, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Topley

On Nov 7, 5:19*am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , DrTeeth no-
writes

The message is pretty final. "It will be rare to see another" seems
quite clear to me. What makes you think otherwise?

That's a shame. F'ing brilliant firmware. *Wonder what happened?

I grabbed the last (I think) version for the DG834GT, 1018, on 14
October. *Can mail a copy to anyone who wants it. *I'm still running
0848 on the strength of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

--
(\__/) *
(='.'=)

Im willing to try and get the DGTeam firmware waggon rolling again. I
live in the country and the Broadband connection its seriously
rubbish. I write security software for a Pay TV Content protection
software company and have free time to work on such a project. Trying
to find some sort of contact details for Steve-O but it is proving
difficult. If anyone has any contact details for Steve-O please
foward them to . Cheers
Old December 18th 10, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On 17/12/10 17:30, Paul Topley wrote:

Im willing to try and get the DGTeam firmware waggon rolling again. I
live in the country and the Broadband connection its seriously
rubbish. I write security software for a Pay TV Content protection
software company and have free time to work on such a project. Trying
to find some sort of contact details for Steve-O but it is proving
difficult. If anyone has any contact details for Steve-O please
foward them to . Cheers

As a "sort of" retired software engineer I'm also willing to try to get
the DGTeam firmware sorted out.
I'd be keen to get the DGTeam firmware into more of a community project.

I found an existing but dormant project at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dgteam/
but requests to join the project have to be sent to "stev-o" - and
I've had no response to my request to join.
As I've posted before, it would be really difficult without the source
code for some of the DGTeam's binaries.

--
Andrew