Daily reduction of Sync Speed.

Old November 3rd 10, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Daily reduction of Sync Speed.

Daily at 17.45 my Sync speed drops from approx, 14800 to approx. 11500
The router prior to the notification says, xDSL linestate down (What ever
that is.)

I restart Router and back to 14xxx I go.

Trying to think if anything within my control causing this.

Central Heating as switched on well before this.
Lighting on time switches already on.
Outside road lights already on.
Might have been phone calls taking place but not starting or finishing at
that moment.
Washing machine, dish washer and tumbler dryer as far as I recall not on.
TV and computers would already be on.

So I can't think of anything happening at that moment.

The Sync. speed is steady all the rest of the time.

Any ideas for me to check?

Thanks
David

Old November 3rd 10, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, David
chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Daily at 17.45 my Sync speed drops from approx, 14800 to approx. 11500
The router prior to the notification says, xDSL linestate down (What
ever that is.)

It's telling you the line is down.

I restart Router and back to 14xxx I go.

Interesting that it goes back to where it was before. It suggests the source
of the interference has gone away.

Trying to think if anything within my control causing this.

Central Heating as switched on well before this.

Neigbours perhaps?

Any ideas for me to check?

Switch on an AM radio at 1740, detune it and see if you hear a burst of
noise when your line resyncs.

Also, I've used dmt with my Thompson router before. It gives insight on line
stats that the router will not.

http://dmt.mhilfe.de/

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
12:14:03 up 38 days, 4:15, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.12, 0.10

Old November 7th 10, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

In article , David
writes

Central Heating as switched on well before this.
Lighting on time switches already on.
Outside road lights already on.
Might have been phone calls taking place but not starting or finishing at
that moment.
Washing machine, dish washer and tumbler dryer as far as I recall not on.
TV and computers would already be on.

Everything in your house, yes. What about your neighbours? Or the guy
down the road using an unsuppressed arc welder on his car?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)