Two tier internet

Old November 18th 10, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Zahut

Default Two tier internet

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101118/...t-45dbed5.html

Old November 18th 10, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Pete
Zahut chose the tried and tested strategy of:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101118/...ans-two-speed-

internet-45dbed5.html

A misrepresentation of what will actually happen; the government will do
nothing to stop ISPs charging neutrality fees to (somebody, something, it's
not clear what) to prioritise their traffic. So long as BT infrastructure
and wholesale arms stay out of the business of fiddling with traffic they
carry for their customers and resellers, I think there is enough competition
in the ISP market for an ISP to make a lack of neutrality fees a selling
point.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:41:12 up 17 days, 22:11, 7 users, load average: 0.07, 0.05, 0.01

Old November 18th 10, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 18/11/2010 18:48, alexd wrote:
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Pete
Zahut chose the tried and tested strategy of:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101118/...ans-two-speed-

internet-45dbed5.html

A misrepresentation of what will actually happen; the government will do
nothing to stop ISPs charging neutrality fees to (somebody, something, it's
not clear what) to prioritise their traffic. So long as BT infrastructure
and wholesale arms stay out of the business of fiddling with traffic they
carry for their customers and resellers, I think there is enough competition
in the ISP market for an ISP to make a lack of neutrality fees a selling
point.

It will also legitimise the practice whereby some ISPs employ
traffic-management on their customers (some of which advertise and many
of which don't).

George