draytek ap-800

Old November 23rd 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Keith Barrett

Default draytek ap-800

Daughter is getting a laptop for chrismas so I need to move the router
out of my office to get wireless coverage over the rest of the house.

So, the setup will be router upstairs and the office is under the house
so it is almost impossible to get network cables down here.

What I am hoping to do is use a draytek ap-800 to receive the wireless
signal from the router and then I have 3 computers which I am hoping to
connect to the ap-800's network ports.

There will be other computers upstairs also connecting wirelessly to the
router.

Looks like there is a connection between router and ap-800 but the
computers plugged in to the ap-800 are not able to connect to the
router.

For my tests, the router and ap-800 are in the same room.

I have not found the manual of the ap-800 to be that clear so if anyone
has done this and has some instructions, would appreciate it.

I am suspecting problems with the ip addresses as I am not sure whether
the router or ap-800 should be allocating the ip addresses?

--
Keith Barrett
www.barrettpianos.co.uk
Old November 23rd 10, 02:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:57:09 -0000
Keith Barrett wrote:

I am suspecting problems with the ip addresses as I am not sure
whether the router or ap-800 should be allocating the ip addresses?

Why not use manually assigned addresses to avoid this problem?

Old November 23rd 10, 05:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Keith Barrett wrote:

Looks like there is a connection between router and ap-800 but the
computers plugged in to the ap-800 are not able to connect to the
router.

Have you selected AP Bridge-Point to Point mode, entered the MAC and
correct channel/speed/security settings that the router is using?