Tiscali FTP

Old November 24th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali FTP

I lost my system a few weeks ago (due I think to registry corruption),
I'm now getting things back to almost normal. I restored my FTP file
transfer settings from an old back up, before Tiscali became TalkTalk.

In my FTP's connection it uses 'ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk' is that still
correct, because I seem not to be able to connect to my web site?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old November 25th 10, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I lost my system a few weeks ago (due I think to registry corruption),
I'm now getting things back to almost normal. I restored my FTP file
transfer settings from an old back up, before Tiscali became TalkTalk.

In my FTP's connection it uses 'ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk' is that still
correct, because I seem not to be able to connect to my web site?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Its working for me... have you got your login details correct?

This might help http://www.karlsforums.com/faq/faq_userwebspace.htm

Old November 25th 10, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Rick laid this down on his screen :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I lost my system a few weeks ago (due I think to registry corruption),
I'm now getting things back to almost normal. I restored my FTP file
transfer settings from an old back up, before Tiscali became TalkTalk.

In my FTP's connection it uses 'ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk' is that still
correct, because I seem not to be able to connect to my web site?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Its working for me... have you got your login details correct?

This might help http://www.karlsforums.com/faq/faq_userwebspace.htm

It also seems to be working for me now. After posting about the above
with regards to connecting to Tiscali, I found that I could only
connect to one single site, one which I regularly connect to - but
none of the 30 or so which CuteFTP provides as sample sites and not our
Tiscali site. The one site it was able to connect to, it was not able
to show all of the folder contents, just the same short list of files
at each log in - Very odd indeed. Anyway it is connecting to Tiscali
now and to all of the sample FTP sites - thanks.