BT on FTTC

Old November 26th 10, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Hills

Default BT on FTTC

"The vast majority [of FTTC homes] get between 33 and 38Mbits/sec.
There's no point in going back and investing, just because it's
something called P instead of C. We've seen 60 to 70Mbits/sec in the
labs on FTTC. Is it future proofed? Yes."

Liv Garfield (Group director of strategy, policy and portfolio), BT

Source:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...lace-fttc.html

If I was a shareholder I would be demanding this buffoon was replaced ASAP.
Old November 26th 10, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
"The vast majority [of FTTC homes] get between 33 and 38Mbits/sec.
There's no point in going back and investing, just because it's
something called P instead of C. We've seen 60 to 70Mbits/sec in the
labs on FTTC. Is it future proofed? Yes."

Liv Garfield (Group director of strategy, policy and portfolio), BT

Source:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...lace-fttc.html

If I was a shareholder I would be demanding this buffoon was replaced
ASAP.

It'll never happen, this stands up there with the no aluminum in the network
which I mentioned in another post recently (along with no shelf PCPs no
strips 100 no lead sheathed cables etc etc etc...). It'll all be swept
under the non existing carpet. We'll know it's there and they will attempt
to ignore it and/or try to deny it which ever has the less resistance.

Old November 26th 10, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:18:58 +0000, kraftee wrote:

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
"The vast majority [of FTTC homes] get between 33 and 38Mbits/sec.
There's no point in going back and investing, just because it's
something called P instead of C. We've seen 60 to 70Mbits/sec in the
labs on FTTC. Is it future proofed? Yes."

Liv Garfield (Group director of strategy, policy and portfolio), BT

Source:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...um-fttc-speed-

and-reveal-fttp-will-not-replace-fttc.html

If I was a shareholder I would be demanding this buffoon was replaced
ASAP.

It'll never happen, this stands up there with the no aluminum in the
network which I mentioned in another post recently (along with no shelf
PCPs no strips 100 no lead sheathed cables etc etc etc...). It'll all
be swept under the non existing carpet. We'll know it's there and they
will attempt to ignore it and/or try to deny it which ever has the less
resistance.

Which won't be the aluminium! Boom Boom!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old November 26th 10, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

Careful we'll be accused of having to much fun on :-)

Old November 27th 10, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Chris
Hills chose the tried and tested strategy of:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...ttc-speed-and-

reveal-fttp-will-not-replace-fttc.html

If I was a shareholder I would be demanding this buffoon was replaced
ASAP.

Why? Shareholders are probably relieved that BT aren't planning to spend
vast amounts of money on laying fibre to peoples houses who are unlikely to
pay more than £50 a month for it.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:19:10 up 1 day, 15:39, 6 users, load average: 0.06, 0.21, 0.45

Old November 27th 10, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
"The vast majority [of FTTC homes] get between 33 and 38Mbits/sec.
There's no point in going back and investing, just because it's
something called P instead of C. We've seen 60 to 70Mbits/sec in the
labs on FTTC. Is it future proofed? Yes."

Liv Garfield (Group director of strategy, policy and portfolio), BT

Source:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...lace-fttc.html

If I was a shareholder I would be demanding this buffoon was replaced
ASAP.

You can always install more cabinets for FTTC and use it to provide
20-20Mbps in locations far from the exchange.

At the moment BT are using to provide up to 40Mbps in dense rural areas
(where no-one is far from a cabinet).

FTTP requires a dig up in many cases - Nynex / NTL / Virgin have been at it
for nearly two decades and still only reach about half the population.