2Wire 2700hgv replacement

Old December 9th 10, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rbel

Default 2Wire 2700hgv replacement

My hitherto trustworthy 2700hgv decided to fail this morning (stuck at
POST). Is it still the best value kit for money for lengthy phone lines
or has something else taken its place?

--
rbel
Old December 9th 10, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"rbel" wrote in message news[email protected]
My hitherto trustworthy 2700hgv decided to fail this morning (stuck at
POST). Is it still the best value kit for money for lengthy phone lines
or has something else taken its place?

I look forward to the answers you will get as I felt mine was getting a bit
slow so I put my Be Thomson box on, first doing a s/w upgrade to it.
Now as I had replaced way back with the BT 2wire because it was said it was
the best and also was being said the BE Thomson was rubbish, I was surprised
to get an increase in download speed on the Be box.
Regards
David

Old December 9th 10, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:28:12 -0000, rbel wrote:

My hitherto trustworthy 2700hgv decided to fail this morning (stuck at
POST). Is it still the best value kit for money for lengthy phone lines
or has something else taken its place?

I don't know of any better for a poor phone line. The Zyxel P660 is
very good, but not quite as quick as the 2wire.
--
(\__/) M.

Old December 9th 10, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"rbel" wrote in message news[email protected]
My hitherto trustworthy 2700hgv decided to fail this morning (stuck at
POST). Is it still the best value kit for money for lengthy phone lines
or has something else taken its place?

Plenty on eBay or email me direct at the valid from address.

Peter Crosland