BT Internet email working after leaving , how long?

Old December 11th 10, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default BT Internet email working after leaving , how long?

My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does it
stay for long?
Regards
David

Old December 11th 10, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On 11/12/2010 21:16, David wrote:
My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does
it stay for long?

Mine has been going for years, I get quite a bit of traffic too, but I
did retain a dial-up account. However, I haven't dialled up for months,
possibly not at all this year.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old December 11th 10, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The dog from that film you saw

"David" wrote in message ...

My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does it
stay for long?
Regards
David

i got a few months - then they emailed me giving me the option of paying
1.50 a month to keep them active.

it used to be that if you used dialup once a month it stayed live - but
that's probably a thing of the past.

-- Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

Old December 12th 10, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 11/12/2010 21:16, David wrote:
My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does
it stay for long?
Regards
David

Quite a few years in my case. However, sooner or later you'll get an
email from BT warning you of its closure and an opportunity to convert
it to Yahoo premium mail (webmail) for 1.50 a month.
I did this for a year or two, while I made sure that all my
contacts/subscriptions were advised of my new email address, then ceased it.
They shouldn't just pull the plug on you but hey, s**t happens...

George

Old December 12th 10, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"The dog from that film you saw" wrote in
message ...

"David" wrote in message ...

My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does
it
stay for long?
Regards
David

i got a few months - then they emailed me giving me the option of paying
1.50 a month to keep them active.

it used to be that if you used dialup once a month it stayed live - but
that's probably a thing of the past.

-- Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

You need to dial up at least once very 90 days

I've had the email when I haven't done

Old December 13th 10, 03:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"David" wrote in message
My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working does
it stay for long?
Regards
David

If you really wnat to keep it sign up for something call premium email -
about 1.50p per month.

Old December 17th 10, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:30:47 +0000
George Weston wrote:

On 11/12/2010 21:16, David wrote:
My friend as moved from BT to Sky the old BT email is still working
does it stay for long?
Regards
David

Quite a few years in my case. However, sooner or later you'll get an
email from BT warning you of its closure and an opportunity to
convert it to Yahoo premium mail (webmail) for 1.50 a month.

FWIW, Premium mail can be used with any email client - it's not just
webmail.

--
Ian