Tiscali / Talk Talk silent upgrade

Old December 16th 10, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali / Talk Talk silent upgrade

We were on fairly reliable 7.6Mb (suposed to be 8Mb) connected speed
with Tiscali for years, then Talk Talk took over and it all started to
slow down. Over the past month it has picked up and back to reasonable
data tranfer speeds.

Last week I happened to check my routers connection speed and found it
is now connected at 17.2Mb. No mention of the upgrade from TT at all,
is this usual from TT?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old December 17th 10, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message . uk...
We were on fairly reliable 7.6Mb (suposed to be 8Mb) connected speed with Tiscali for years, then Talk Talk took over and it all
started to slow down. Over the past month it has picked up and back to reasonable data tranfer speeds.

Last week I happened to check my routers connection speed and found it is now connected at 17.2Mb. No mention of the upgrade from
TT at all, is this usual from TT?

Increased sync speed is one thing but your speed could still be artificially throttled to
previous levels.
What really matters is actual speeds measured
by the likes of http://www.speedtest.net or http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 18th 10, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Graham. pretended :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
We were on fairly reliable 7.6Mb (suposed to be 8Mb) connected speed with
Tiscali for years, then Talk Talk took over and it all started to slow
down. Over the past month it has picked up and back to reasonable data
tranfer speeds.

Last week I happened to check my routers connection speed and found it is
now connected at 17.2Mb. No mention of the upgrade from TT at all, is this
usual from TT?

Increased sync speed is one thing but your speed could still be artificially
throttled to
previous levels.
What really matters is actual speeds measured
by the likes of http://www.speedtest.net or
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

It used to report a best figure of around 6.2Mb, but now that has moved
to a best of around 12.6Mb with a ping of 31mS to my nearest server.

I use http://www.speedtest.net, simply because it produces instant more
detailed results with no form filling to get to the results.